Question about Black & Decker 14" Grass Hog Xp Trimmer/Edger
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
I had the same problem, The pully is plastic and is mostlikely melted. I took mine apart when it finally stopped working and found that the belt had broken as well. When taking it apart, there is a hidden screw under the black sticker label. Just feel for the soft spot. Also, there are screws under the black plastic embelishments.
Posted on Jun 02, 2010
Try using a thicker line when using the thinner line it is good only for grass if you should hit fence or concrete it will eat it up and you will be pulling it out every 5 minites or less.
Posted on Jul 07, 2010
SOURCE: The string on my spool ran out.
• Turn off the trimmer and remove the battery
• Press the release tabs on the line spool cover and remove the cover by pulling it straight off. replacement spool is AF-100
• Lift the spool of nylon line out of the hub and clear any broken line and debris
• In case of jams and tangled line unwrap about one foot (30cm) of line to ensure that it is undamaged. If it is OK rewind it and insert the line end through the eyelet in the spool hub.
• Pull the line through the hole to maintain tension while placing the
spool down into the hub with the notched side exposed.
• Press the spool down GENTLY and rotate it until you feel it drop into place. (When in place, the spool will turn a few degrees left and right freely.)
• Snap the spool cover back on.
Posted on Jul 08, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 09, 2015 | Clothing
Jul 23, 2015 | Stihl Genuine Autocut C 5-2 Mowing Head...
Apr 01, 2012 | Garden
Oct 27, 2011 | Garden
Aug 25, 2011 | Poulan/Weed Eater No. Te475 952711797 17"...
Aug 12, 2011 | Poulan/Weed Eater No. Te475 952711797 17"...
Jun 29, 2011 | Garden
May 21, 2010 | Black & Decker 14" Grass Hog Xp...
Feb 01, 2009 | Mintek MDP-1815 Portable DVD Player
Aug 29, 2008 | Black & Decker String Trimmer Cordless 12"...
104 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: