Question about Miele Novotronic W1918A Front Load Washer
In the bottom of your machine the is a tray in the tray the is a float, if the machine leaks the float lifts and hits a switch activating the two light on the fascia. By tipping the machine you are emptying the tray thus allow it to work.Most likely cause is when you checked the drain pump the flap on the front was not angled down sufficiently or you unscrewed the filter to much and water backed up into the base. Put towel on floor and tip appliance and retest
Posted on May 24, 2011
I had the same problem with the 2 red lights flashing, which was fixed by emptying the float tray as above.
On further investigation I found that the door seal had rubbed on itself at the 6 o'clock position and had worn a small hole which was causing the water leak.
To replace or repair the Door Seal you will need to remove the front panel.
1. Turn power off and unplug machine after opening door.
2. Remove the front panel lower kick plate by inserting a thin ruler between the kick plate and front panel about 4 inches from each end and lever down until it releases.
3. Remove the 2 screws at the door lock switch on the front panel.
4. With the kick plate removed you will see 2 screws at each lower edge of the front panel, remove these 4 screws.
5. Remove the spring loaded band from around the edge of the door seal facing you and after that release the seal from the front panel and push in.
6. Remove the hex bolt from the 6 o'clock position just below the door seal on the front panel.
7. You should now be able to lower the front panel out of the locating pins and remove it.
8. With front panel removed you will be able to remove the tensioning band which holds the door seal in place around the drum by undoing the screw at the right hand side of the band at the 3 o'clock position. It is accessible from above with a long bladed screwdriver. Take note of how far it is tensioned on the thread of the screw and try not to undo it all the way or you may lose the nut on the band.
9. Once you have removed the band, slip the seal off the drum and slide the water outlet to the seal from the dispenser.
10. When you replace the seal do not do the tensioning band up too tightly or you will hear it squeak when you spin the drum in either direction.
11.Reassembly is the reverse of removal, taking care to put the door manual release strap through the inner slot in the front panel.
I repaired my door seal with Silicone Sealant and loose weave fabric tape after rubbing it clean with alcohol as i didn't want to pay $100 for a new seal from Miele.
Posted on Mar 13, 2013
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 06, 2014 | Dishwashers
Jan 23, 2013 | Washing Machines
It is possible that the machine does not start off the cycle because there are errors due to feedback from the inputs. For the program to start up the main program controller must initiate the INLET/MOTOR/DRAIN pump/ valve to open up and allow each function to be driven starting from the flow of water into the drum as also the drain valve to open to exit the water at the point of the program cycle. If this does not happen then the voltage at the valve/motor/pump must be checked or the fault relates to no voltage from the controller. This means the controller is a suspect.
If the water flows then the flow should be good, if not the inlet valve is bad or there is dirt in the filter. Also check the flow at the inlet of the water line. Once the water comes into the system the WATER LEVEL SENSOR - normally a pressure switch- must activate at the preset/chosen level to give the signal to the program controller to switch on the motor. What is most important for the motor to start functioning is that the door switch must be ON when the door is shut or this will be an error for starting the motor for rinse and wash.
Check this link to replace the inlet valve:
Finally after the wash the drain valve will be activated, the water is allowed to come in to rinse and then finally the dry spin with the drain valve/pump activated so as to drain off all the water from the clothes during the spin.
Make sure that a fault in any of the cycle will relate to the specified action, so check the command from the program module and then the executing device be it the valve or motor or pump.
Please check the link below:
Jun 27, 2012 | Hotpoint Washing Machines
Aug 03, 2011 | 2001 Chevrolet Suburban
Jul 18, 2011 | Fisher and Paykel Fisher & Paykel Washer
May 18, 2011 | Washing Machines
Nov 18, 2010 | Miele 24 in. Incognito G843SCVi Built-In...
Feb 27, 2008 | Hotpoint Aquarius WD63 Front Load...
Oct 28, 2007 | Miele 24 in. G646SC Plus Free-Standing...
Feb 10, 2015 | Miele Novotronic W1918A Front Load Washer
432 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: