Question about HP Photosmart 4180 All-in-One Printer
My HP4180 has recently started to give an error message saying "Out of memory Save or close any open files or applications" whenever I try to print a spreadsheet out of Microsoft Works 8. Word documents print perfectly. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the printer software several times but to no avail. The document in question prints perfectly on my other (Epson) printer. Any clues for a solution???
A reasonable fix for microsoft is for you to spend $40
Posted on Apr 15, 2009
I tried all of the above including reinstalling my printer and Works 7.0; nothing worked. Finally I just went to Best Buy and bought Works 9.0 for $40. Everything is fine now. It's annoying that Microsoft can't or won't provide a reasonable fix for this problem.
Posted on Feb 09, 2009
I would do a major PC cleanup to try and free up memory. :
Do a virus control update and scan
Go to start>all>programs>accessories>system tools>disc cleanup and do that
Go to the toolbar>Tools>Internet options>delete all your cookies
Look in the lower right corner where your little icons are for running programs. There should be only the most necessary items there. Having a bunch of programs ther usies a ton of memory. If you do have alot get back to me and I will explain how to turn them off. They do not need to be running all the time.
Do you have a registry cleaning program? If you do run that.
Go through your files and delete unwanted docus, photos, etc. or put them on a CD if you want to keep them. That actually will give you more drive space but it doesnt hurt to clean that up wwhile you are doing this.
Go through the icons on your desktop. right click on any that you no longer use or don;t need so readily available and delte them. This will not delete the programs.
Empty your recycle bin
do a defrag
Restart your computer.
While you are doing all this, send me a list of all the little icons of running programs in the lower right corner
I'll be glad to help in any way I can.
Posted on Aug 15, 2008
SOURCE: Printer "out of memory"
The problem isn't your printer. The problem is with your Microsoft Works software. I know of six solutions that may work.
1) Download the latest service pack for .NET Framework 1.1. http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=A8F5654F-088E-40B2-BBDB-A83353618B38&displaylang=en
2) Go to this website and download the update. http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=65f5b806-e6a1-4f92-a656-e56eeda67e3d&displaylang=en
3) Uninstall printer completely (again). Unplug the printer from the computer. Reboot computer. Download the lastest driver from HP website. When installing the driver software, choose (type)a different directory,( ie. C:\MYHP\HP4180\ ). Plug Printer back to computer.
4) Go to this website. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/841220
5) Click START, click RUN, type SPOOL. Double click printer folder, clear (delete) any files in this folder.
6) Download the latest version of Microsoft Works 9.0.
Let me know if this works.
Posted on Feb 03, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Jun 18, 2011 | Lexmark X4650 InkJet Printer
Jun 16, 2011 | Printers & Copiers
Jun 02, 2011 | Canon PIXMA MP830 All-In-One InkJet...
Jan 28, 2011 | HP Photosmart 3210 Printer
Aug 30, 2010 | HP Printers & Copiers
Feb 03, 2009 | HP PhotoSmart C4480 All-in-One Printer ...
Feb 22, 2008 | Epson Stylus CX5400 All-In-One InkJet...
Nov 01, 2007 | Lexmark X2250 All-In-One InkJet Printer
3,533 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: