Macbook and wireless n setup how do you set it up????!!!!!
Can you clarify the problem for me:
1. Mac Type = Macbook
2. Operating System = Mac OS ?
3. What are you trying to connect to?
For example are you trying to set up a Wireless Home network, meaning that iPhones, iPods or other macs can share the one Internet Connection. This is called a Computer-to-Computer Network.
OR are you trying to configure a Wireless Modem to work with your MacBook?
Setting up a Computer-to-Computer Network is done by:
1. Select System Preferences from the Apple Menu.
2. Select Network from the Internet & Wireless section.
3. Select Airport from the list of devices.
4. Click the Turn Airport On button, located next to Status. NOTE: If it is already turned on then this button will read Turn Airport Off.
5. Select Create Network from the drop down menu adjacent Network Name.
6. Type in the preferred name that you wish to call your network in the Name field. (ie., MacBookHomeNetwork or something)
7. Select the Channel (Channel 11) is an OK one to select.
8. Choose whether you want the user to type in a password to gain access to your network. (This is recommended.) If you do, then click the check box beside Require Password.
8.1 Type in the Password into the Password field.
8.2 Type the Password again into the Verify field.
8.3 Select the type of encryption you want to use, 40bit or 128bit.
9. Click the Show Airport status in Menu Bar check box.
NOTE: If you require advanced settings, then click the Advanced ... button.
10. Apply and then go back to the System Preferences window (using the Left Arrow located top/left of window). If you get stuck, get back using Instruction No.1 above.)
11. Click the Sharing Icon in the Internet & Wireless section.
12. Select from the list each item you wish to share (i.e, File, Printer, Bluetooth, Internet, DVD or CD etc...).
NOW : From your other device, you need to locate the new Wireless Network Connection.
If it is an iPhone or iPod then go to the Settings menu and select Wi-Fi from the list. The new network should be picked up automatically. Log in to it (if you set up passwords).
I hope this helps. Regards,
Feb 05, 2010 |