Question about Acer Computers & Internet
All these three methods involve some specific
code in the printer drivers both in Print server and clients.
Not all printers will have drivers that will support all 3 ways of using the printer. It appears that not all printer drivers, written for Windows Vista. If you can't get your network printer, please try the following steps to bypass the LPT redirection. 1. Install the Vista printer driver on your Windows Vista computer.
2. During installation, you'll be prompted to connect the printer to your computer. Choose the option to proceed with installation without connecting the printer.
3. After installation completes, open the Printers wizard from the Windows Vista Control Panel.
4. Right click on the entry for the new printer, and choose Properties.
5. Go to the Ports tab.
6. Click Add Port, select Local Port, then click New Port.
7. For the port name, enter the network path and share name of your printer ("\\TheirComputer\TheirPrinter1").
8. Click OK, and verify that the new port is selected.
9. Click OK to close the printer properties.
Posted on May 22, 2011
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
As per the printer manufacturer website, Brother Hl-1440 printer is not compatible with Windows 7.
However, you may download & try installing the XP drivers for the printer in Windows XP mode.
To install in compatibility mode:
1.a. Right click on the setup file of the driver.
b. Click Properties.
c. Click Compatibility tab.
d. Under compatibility mode, check mark "Run this program in compatibility mode for:" and select "Windows XP (Service Pack 2)" from the drop down list.
e. Click Apply and then click ok.
2. a. Under "Privilege level", click "Run this program as an administrator".
b. Click apply and then click ok.
3. Install the driver successfully and restart the computer for the changes to take effect.
Jun 07, 2012 | Brother HL 1440 Laser Printer
May 31, 2012 | Brother MFC-8460N All-In-One Printer
Feb 14, 2012 | Lexmark Z715 InkJet Printer
Oct 11, 2010 | Brother MFC-5860CN InkJet Printer
Jun 06, 2010 | Brother MFC 210C All-In-One InkJet Printer
Jan 03, 2010 | Brother MFC-5840CN All-In-One InkJet...
Oct 28, 2009 | Brother MFC-5840CN All-In-One InkJet...
Sep 04, 2009 | Brother MFC 6490CW InkJet Printer
1,487 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: