Zebra printer not printing the expected quantity of output.
Good Day. I’ve been surfing a lot of printer forums in the net these days as I have a problem with my zebra printer. I am printing from SAP by means of the zebra printer. I have requested for 250 labels to be printed but only 83 prints came off to the printer. I had trouble shoot the printing program were using in SAP but I don’t see any problems in our program. So I am thinking that this might be a printing issue. But I don’t exactly know on how/what to fix in the printer. It was very frustrating as I can’t solve this issue. Please let me know on what might cause this issue. Thank you very much, CHAD
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
I was using LibreOffice Writer to print terminal block labels on my TDP43MY and was having all kinds of problems. (I tried EasyMark too, but had just as many problems.) The printer was constantly switching landscape and portrait modes on me. It would print 2 sets of good labels (portrait) and then the next label would be landscape. It did this no matter if I printed one page at a time or if I printed the whole document. I spent over half a day trying to get it to work, and finally succeeded - read on.
No surprise that the Panduit TDP43MY printer is really a Zebra printer. I discovered this by accident when I first got the printer. I connected it without first installing the driver and windows asked for a driver for a Zebra printer. Knowing it was a Panduit, I rejected windows offer and installed the Panduit driver. I spent a whole day trying to get it to print correctly and decided I would try windows recommendation of a Zebra driver. I did some digging and discovered it is a Zebra TLP 3842 printer. I removed the Panduit driver and installed the Zebra TLP 3842 driver. The version I have says "Windows driver for ZDesigner TLP 3842 Version 5.1.07.6290 Copyright 2016". I then used LibreOffice Writer to print my labels again. Wonder of wonders it printed with ZERO problems! Yeah for Zebra!
Kindly post the output to the command "debug client <printer MAC address>".
Can you also post the output to the command "sh interface detailed zebra".Or in case You Still Having Brother Printer Problem Then Follow Us For On: Printer Support Team
Yes it can but you have to use DIRECT THERMAL MATERIAL. That eliminates the need for a ribbon but what most people don't realize is that a ribbon is almost like "Oil" in your car. Direct Thermal material is more abrasive and will wear out your printhead much faster. Now if you don't print lots of labels that may not be a big deal but if you print 500+ labels a day then thermal transfer may be a better choice in the long run. Printheads are one of the most expensive components of these printers.
You should be printing faster with Zebra fonts.
Which driver are you using? Version?
I strongly recommend the Zebra Designer V1.3.08, available at Zebra.com
To isolate the problem, capture the output to a file.
Define a local port as C:\output.txt and set that as the port in driver properties.
Now print your document. The printer commands will be in C:\output.txt.
Send c:\output.txt directly to your printer.
For LPT1, use the DOS copy command to send the file. (Copy C:\output.txt LPT1)
For serial connections, use Hyperterm to send the file.
For network connections, use ftp.
No easy USB method is readily available.
Does this print faster than printing the original document from Word through the driver?
If yes, then update your driver.
If no, debug your communication to the printer (LPT1, serial, network, etc.)
wow i love it, i place a post in the "forum" and hours later im asked to join a Preimum service for a fee, that im expected to feel good that for the feel my search can be solved............ oh but wait in the same breath im asked if i solved my own problem to post what i did to solve it............. for FREE,
yeah guess i came to the wrong web site, thanks but no thanks
you need to increase the baud rate of the serial port on the printer and pc, the default baud rate of the serial port is 9600kbp which is heaps slower then the LPT port which can rate atleast 100 times faster.
the reason why it is taking 45sec before printing is because the pc is sending a lot of graphics data to the printer, this can be cause by two main things
1) you could be printing a lot of logos or graphics .
2) you are printing using a nonhardware font so the driver has to convert all of the text into graphics. you can fix this by selecting a hardware font (has a printer logo next to it's name in word). also outputting EPL (the printers native command language) would be extreamly quick.
you could also download ZebraDesigner which includes drivers.
i would also recommend not updating the firmware as it can do more harm then good, and if you make a mistake you kill the printer and it voids the warranty
recalibrate the label length in the printer(hold feed and power up). from memory bar-one uses the label settings from windows, so go into printers and faxes under control panel and correct the label size