Question about Whirlpool WFW8500SR
I just bought a WFW8500SR and in the middle of the cycle sstops and show F28
F28 error is..
The communication between the Central Control Unit (CCU) and
the Motor Control Unit (MCU) cannot be sent correctly.
1. Unplug washer or disconnect power.
2. Check wire harness connections to the MCU, the motor, and
Central Control Unit (CCU).
– Check connections of the CCU board within the housing.
– Make sure all grounding switches are engaged.
3. Check the drive system for any worn or failed components.
4. Plug in washer or reconnect power.
5. Verify CCU operation by running a Diagnostic Test or any
6. Check the MCU by looking for operations of the drive motor.
7. Check the drive motor for powered rotations.
8. Check that the serial harness at the MCU is not mounted
upside down. The wires should be to the left when facing
the MCU connectors
If it is new call for service...
Posted on Aug 15, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 31, 2016 | Washing Machines
Apr 19, 2013 | Computers & Internet
This code indicates an electronics
communication problem with the washer.Please check this link to get a detailed
idea related to the lists of codes and the resolutions to them:-
The error code F28 means one or both of these
parts are bad.
Motor Control Unit ,Microcomputer Machine Control Unit .
It would be a good idea to order both, as both components have been problematic for error code F28.
Please get back to us if you have further
query or else please accept the solution.
Thanks for contacting fixya.com
Sep 02, 2011 | Whirlpool Washing Machines
Jan 16, 2011 | Whirlpool Duet GHW9150P Front Load Washer
Jun 27, 2010 | Whirlpool Duet GHW9150P Front Load Washer
Mar 20, 2010 | Kenmore HE2 Plus Front Load Washer
Feb 25, 2009 | Kenmore Elite 45986 Front Load Washer
Dec 19, 2008 | Whirlpool Duet GHW9150P Front Load Washer
Jul 18, 2008 | Whirlpool Duet GHW9150P Front Load Washer
Mar 20, 2011 | Whirlpool WFW8500SR
238 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: