Question about Jensen VM9410 Car DVD Player

1 Answer

I know that I need a new main strip wire internally. Where can I order one? Thank You

Posted by on

  • 2 more comments 
  • benhughes82 May 22, 2011

    If they don't sell them I guess ill have to attempt to repair the one I have. I got the stereo for free because I think someone put too long of a screw in it and went right through the wire strip inside. So I'm hoping to fix it for myself.

  • benhughes82 May 24, 2011

    Well,I got a response from Audiovox, and of course they won't sell internal parts. they want me to send it in to be repaired. Probably charge me a fortune to simply connect a new wire strip. Hella Lame

  • benhughes82 May 24, 2011

    Well of course Audiovox won't sell me any internal parts. They want me to send it in for repairs so they can charge me a fortune. Hella Lame : (

  • benhughes82 May 24, 2011

    Where can I get aftermarket wire strips?


1 Answer

  • Level 3:

    An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points


    An expert that got 20 achievements.


    An expert that got 10 achievements.


    An expert that got 5 achievements.

  • Master
  • 3,018 Answers

  • For this you really need to contact Jensen directly and order one from them. I have the link set to your unit @ Jensen's website You don't want to take a chance with some cheap aftermarket cord with a $650usd deck.

regards, Tony

Posted on May 21, 2011

  • 6 more comments 
  • benhughes82 May 22, 2011

    Went to the Jensen page, but couldn't find replacement wire strips. I posted a question with customer service.

  • Iron
    Iron May 22, 2011

    Yea, they don't offer them on the page. It is not an everyday part like a remote, That's why I suggested contacting them not just simply going to their page.


  • Iron
    Iron May 24, 2011

    • No doubt that's why they want you to send it in. That is lame. Will more than likely charge you a fortune because that is the only choice you have. Good luck getting it fixed anyway man.


  • benhughes82 May 24, 2011

    Thanks bro. I've already (very carefully) cut out the bad section of the strip. I have short pieces that match the pins but I need a really long piece so I can try to pull off this seemingly impossible repair.

  • Iron
    Iron May 24, 2011

    • You need a long pin? That what your after?

  • Iron
    Iron May 24, 2011

    • Here is a place where you can get some connectors. If you Audiovox and get the part number and more importantly specs on it, I can check with my electronics guy in China and see what's going on over there. No promises but they make everything over there. Length of pins, number of wires, length of harness etc.



  • benhughes82 May 24, 2011

    need a long piece of strip wire with the same pin spacing as the one i'm fixing

  • benhughes82 May 24, 2011

    Wire ribbon/ribbon wire maybe its called? Thin orange plastic coated wire strip


1 Suggested Answer

  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.

Posted on Jan 02, 2017

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

2 Answers

Fan works on low and medium but not high?

Cabela's CRAFTMADE INTERNATIONAL Craftmade Mossy ...
Craftmade Mossy Oak® Break-Up® Ceiling Fan ... 153x8mm three-speed motor runs at 55 rpm on low, 125 rpm on medium and 200 rpm at high speed. Includes

Jul 25, 2015 | Craftmade International Dryers

1 Answer

Mixer noisey and not going round freely

Your mixer most likely has a stripped gears, or a combination of stripped gears. The 5kpm5ewh is an international model similar to the ksm5. The gearing inside the mixer will be the same, some of the electrical parts may differ.
Your mixer has a nylon worm gear inside, this is the most common gear to strip inside the mixer. I would recommend opening the mixer and inspecting all of the gears before you place an order.

Most likely you will need the worm gear, which is available by itself ( or you can get it in the whole worm drive pinion gear assembly ( the whole assembly is a lot easier to replace, and will save you a lot of time. You may also need to replace the grease inside your mixer, KitchenAid recommends the Benalene 930-2 food grade grease, it is only available in a 30oz can ( And you will also need to replace the gearbox gasket (
To aid you in your repair, here is a link to the KitchenAid service manual ( This will walk you through how to take apart the mixer, replace the gear, grease and gasket, and reassemble the mixer.
Thank you,
ColleenCustomer ServiceMendingShed.com800-339-9297


Apr 09, 2013 | KitchenAid Pro-Line Heavy Duty Lift Bowl...

1 Answer

Problem getting VS-2480 to connect to internal drive. also to external drive sometimes it works sometimes it won`t Need service manual for mounting new harddrive internally SATA 160 GB Experienced...

Hi Karl,

First of all, thank you for purchasing the copy of Roland VS-2480 Service Manual.

Please email me at, I will send you the copy.

May you and your family have "Prosperous New Year 2012"!

Again, thank you so much!


Dec 29, 2011 | Roland Vs2400CD Digital Workstation W/CD...

1 Answer

Hi: I have a crimestopper sp300 my old LCD remote was broken so I order a new one but I can set up because is not a override bottom on the main device,I want to know what's the right valet swicht wire...

Most valet switches are just a simple normally-open momentary push button like this:

Jul 01, 2011 | CrimeStopper SP300

1 Answer

Hi, one of the audio phono leads has packed up on my Technics 1210 after all these years. Have cut off the actual input jack (white) and was wondering how best to go about adding a new one. I thought this...

Hi, Replacing the rca plug at the end of the cable is just a matter of splicing the wires correctly. The wire is actually a 2 wire line, almost directly under the black outer casing will be the ground wire ( is actually going to be totally wrapped around the center wire ) this will be evident if you look at the cross section where you cut the cord. The replacement end can be purchased at the local Radio Shack, less than $3 probably for a pack of 2. When stripping the casing from the cord be carful not to cut away too much of ground wire sheath ( this may lead to difficulty in attaching new end ) it is almost inevitable to have a few strands of wire cut loose. The next step is to sort of " part " the outer sheathing, then kind of wrap both halves around the inner conductor as close to where you stripped outer sheathing away as possible. Next strip away the inner wires sheathing and you have the two ends to either solder, if you know how to, or tie through the holes of the replacement rca plugs leads. I hope this was of enough help and thank you for asking FixYa, Good luck-Prodzilla

Apr 16, 2011 | Technics SL-1210 Turntable

1 Answer

Hey, I need to purchase a viewcam Z battery for my Vl-Z100 camcorder. I live in Grafton NSW and not one of the electrical stores have been any help. Any idesa would be appreciated. Thankyou

Yes, you can purchase a replacement battery for the VL-Z1 camcorder here:

Our policy, listed below, would not allow for us to send a single battery to Australia. So if you want only 1 battery you would have to find a seller in Australia that sells a similar battery, or if you have a friend in the US we would send it to them and they would send it to you.

Here is our policy for international orders taken from our shipping and handling policies page ( INTERNATIONAL ORDERS
We have an order minimum of $150 for International orders. All International orders MUST be insured. We are not responsible for any brokerage, duties or taxes your country may charge you before releasing your order. We may require a wire transfer for International orders over $300. Wire transfer fees may apply. If you would like to order for International shipping, please contact us at 1-800-624-8681. Please provide your billing and shipping address and what you'd like to order. We will send you a credit card charge authorization form for you to fill out and return or we will send you the details for the wire transfer if your order is over $300 USD. We reserve the right to reject any International orders.

Thank you,
Karl -

Oct 20, 2010 | Sharp Viewcam VL-Z1 Mini DV Digital...

1 Answer

Copier NP6216 produces thick dark strips

Hello sir; I suggest you either replace drum blade or replace whole drum cartridge.

Aug 20, 2009 | Canon Office Equipment & Supplies

1 Answer


please let me know what to do my e-mail address

May 12, 2007 | Jwin JVDTV23 23 in. LCD Television

Not finding what you are looking for?
Jensen VM9410 Car DVD Player Logo

Related Topics:

302 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Jensen Car Audio & Video Experts

xxxxxx xxx

Level 3 Expert

4844 Answers

The Knight
The Knight

Level 3 Expert

74106 Answers


Level 3 Expert

102366 Answers

Are you a Jensen Car Audio and Video Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides