I just bout the MFC -240 YESTERDAY AND I TRIED TO SET UP THE INK CARTRIDGES but when i opened up the scanner cover, THERE WERE NO INK SLOTS!! or "protectiveyellow covers"". is there something i forgot to press or is there something missing, or i did not lift? please help me before its too late to return it.:'(
Refer to your owner manual if you have it. the 4 ink cartridges are in a compartment to the right of the paper tray. square, measures about 3" x 3". open it. there are 4 slots inside. pull each tab at the top of each slot to access where the cartridges go.
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US. click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
The USB port is located inside the machine near the ink cartridges. Open the Scanner Cover by lifting it up on the right front corner of the machine. You will find the USB port above and to the left of the ink cartridge slots, as shown below. The USB port is marked by the USB symbol.
Hello , Start by opening your ink cover and read the LCD screen; this will alert you as to which ink cartridge is not being recognized; make sure the cartridge that it is telling you is empty has been changed. If the unit is still not recognizing the cartridge you have changed, follow the steps below.
Unplug the power cord for the printer unit.
Open the ink cartridge cover and remove all ink cartridges.
Close the ink cartridge cover.
Plug the power cord back in.
Reinstall the ink cartridges.
Make sure that your ink cartridges are full and that they are genuine brother inks; refills or generic ink cartridges are not guaranteed to work properly. Thanks,
Lift the scanner cover from the right-hand side of the MFC until it locks securely into the open position.
If one or more ink cartridges are empty, for example Black, the LCD shows Ink Empty Black and Cover is Open.
Pull the ink cartridge hook toward you and remove the ink cartridge for the color shown on the LCD.
Open the new ink cartridge bag for the color shown on the LCD, and then take out the ink cartridge.
Remove the cartridge covers.
Each color has its own correct position. Keep the ink cartridge in an upright position when you insert it into slot. Press down on the ink cartridge until the hook snaps over it.
Lift the scanner cover to release the lock. Gently push the scanner cover support down and close the scanner cover.
If you replaced an ink cartridge while Near Empty was displayed on the LCD, the LCD may ask you to verify that it was a brand new one. Example: Did You Change Blck? 1.Yes 2.No. For each new cartridge you installed, press 1 on the dial pad to automatically reset the ink dot counter for that color. If the ink cartridge you installed is not a brand new one, please be sure to select 2.
If you wait until Ink Empty message is displayed on the LCD, the MFC will automatically reset the ink dot counter.
If the Install message is on the display after you have installed ink cartridges, check that the ink cartridges are installed properly.
To install your Brother machine#s ink cartridges, follow the steps listed below:
1. Make sure that the Brother machine#s power is turned on.
2. Open the ink cartridge cover. This cover is located on right-hand side of the Brother machine#s front panel.
3. Pull down the four lock release levers. There is one lock release lever for each ink cartridge.
4. Take the ink cartridge out of its protective bag.
5. Carefully remove the yellow protective cap from the ink cartridge.
- DO NOT touch the side of the ink cartridge covered by the yellow protective cap.
- Take care when removing this cover to prevent spilling ink and staining your hands and clothing.
- If the cartridge cover comes off when you open the bag, the cartridge will NOT be damaged.
6. Install each ink cartridge in the direction of the arrow on the label.
- Please note that each color has its own specific position. These positions are indicated by the colors of the four lock release levers. Do not install an ink cartridge in the incorrect position, as this can cause print quality problems.
7. Lift each lock release lever and push it until it clicks into the closed position.
8. Close the ink cartridge cover.
- If the LCD shows #Install Black,# #Install Cyan,# #Install Magenta,# or #Install Yellow# after you install the ink cartridges, please verify that you have installed the cartridges correctly.
* DO NOT remove the ink cartridges from the Brother machine unless you intend to replace them. If you do, it may reduce the quantity of ink left in the cartridge, which may cause the Brother machine to miscalculate the amount of remaining ink.
* DO NOT shake the ink cartridges. If ink stains your skin or clothing, wash the affected area with soap or detergent immediately.
* DO NOT repeatedly insert and remove the ink cartridges. Doing so may cause ink to seep out of your cartridges.
* If you mix the colors by installing an ink cartridge in the wrong position, clean the print head several times after correcting the cartridge installation.
* Once you open an ink cartridge, install it in the Brother machine and use it up within six months of installation.
* Use unopened ink cartridges by the expiration date listed on the cartridge package.
* DO NOT dismantle or tamper with the ink cartridge. Doing so can cause ink to leak out of the cartridge
in order to scan you need to have ink in cartridges?... great design!!! cheat the printer - use black electric tape to cover transparent slots at the back of your cartridges (printer will think that it has ink and it should stop that annoying beeping)
did you watch the display after replacing the cart? Very often the machine asks if you have changed the cart and demands an answer (1 for yes).
You can try to do an update of the firmware, too. Go to www.brother.com , choose your country and then your machine. Download a small update tool and run it.
If it aint getting better: Do unplug from power outlet (even though you have done already) wait 10 Min. leave scanner cover open and take all carts out. Plugin to power again and leave scanner open. Wait uintil machine gives a warning signal. Reinsert carts and close cover: now watch the display and give always the answer YES(1).
Did you use generic ink? These generic carts are different (no seal to prevent staining). This carts stain the led control circuit board which has to be replaced by a new one (the spare part is only avaiable as the whole ink cart holder incl. led board and tubes).
If you don't have the cartridges seated properly you will get this message. Pull them and try again. Myself, I tried to save some money, and bought Brothers refilled ink cartridges. They wouldn't work, so only use new Brothers ink cartridges. Unplug the printer from the wall for it to recycle, don't use the power button. Good Luck