Question about Computers & Internet
Important: This process will DELETE EVERYTHING on the unit. Make sure you have backed up your files. Also, be sure the unit is plugged in. it would give you more problems if the process is to be interrupted.
1. Turn the computer OFF.
2. Press and hold the 0 (zero) key on your keyboard while
powering on the computer. When the computer powers on, the
Toshiba Recovery Wizard screen displays.
3. Choose Recovery to factory default. Click NEXT.
4. Choose Recover to out-of-the-box state. Click NEXT/START.
5. It should take at least an hour or less. Press any key when it says the HDD has been recovered
If pressing zero does not work. Its either you don't have a recovery partition and that the unit would need recovery discs.
It should have come with the unit or you can call Toshiba 800-457-7777 to Order one.
If you have the Recovery Discs then all you need to do are the following.
1. Put the FIRST disc inside the computer. If there are two or more disc it would indicate 1 of 2 or 1 of 3. If you don't see anything like that on the disc then you only have 1 recovery disc and that should be enough.
2. If anything pops up just click CANCEL or EXIT or just press the "X" button on the top right of the page.
3. Turn the computer OFF.
4. Hold the letter "C" then press the POWER button to turn it ON. If your computer starts beeping you can let go. It should boot to the DVD drive automatically. If it would bring you to your Windows Desktop you can turn the unit off and try again. And if it would not work at all you can hold F12 while turning the computer ON. You should get to a BOOT MENU. Just highlight CD/DVD drive or ODD(Optical Disc Drive) using the arrow keys and then press ENTER.
5. If you got it correctly you would here the DVD spinning and it would say"Windows is loading files."
6. Don't be surprised if you see Windows '95 or some other OS showing on the page. It would be just the Recovery Environment.
7. Choose Recovery to factory default. Click NEXT.
8. Choose Recover to out-of-the-box state. Click NEXT/START.
9. It should take at least 2-3hour at the most. Press any key when it says the HDD has been recovered.
The computer will restart on its own several times so just let it be and wait for it to finish.
Please feel free to give your comment and please rate this solution.
Posted on May 21, 2011
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 30, 2012 | Computers & Internet
Sep 24, 2010 | Acer Aspire One PC Notebook
Jul 11, 2010 | Computers & Internet
Oct 15, 2009 | Acer Computers & Internet
Apr 08, 2009 | Computers & Internet
Feb 19, 2009 | Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition
Jul 30, 2008 | Toshiba Satellite A100-S8111TD Notebook
39 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!