Question about Dell Latitude 120L Notebook
Evidently, this computer should come with a recovery disc media that you'll need to use to reset it to factory settings.
Important: All files, pictures and data will be DELETED. Make sure you had everything backed up before doing this. And be sure the unit is plugged in because it will cause more problems if the process is interrupted.
If you do find the discs then just follow these steps:
1. Insert the OS Recovery disc. If anything pops up just press EXIT.
2. Turn the computer OFF.
3. Press <F2> immediately after the DELL logo appears.
If the operating system logo appears, wait until you see the Windows desktop, and then shut down the computer and try again.
4. Press the arrow keys to select CD-ROM, and press <Enter>.
5. When the Press any key to boot from CD message appears, press any key. (Better yet just keep on hitting any key i.e. Space Bar right after Step 4.)
6. When the Windows XP Setup screen appears, press <Enter>.
7. Most of the default option are the first option and are already chosen. Just keep on hitting next until you get to finish. Or you can just read the instructions because its user friendly anyway.
8. This process will take 1-2 hours. The unit will restart on its own several times so just let it be and wait for it to finish.
If you cannot find the OS recovery disc it would be best to call Dell if you can still order one from them. Its not as expensive compared to getting your own Microsoft OS disc,
Please feel free to rate this solution and give your comments and questions.
Posted on May 21, 2011
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 30, 2013 | Dell Latitude 120L Notebook
Jul 23, 2017 | Dell Latitude 120L Notebook
Nov 01, 2010 | Dell Latitude 120L Notebook
May 30, 2010 | Dell Latitude D620 Notebook
May 20, 2010 | Dell Latitude D600 Notebook
May 18, 2010 | Dell Latitude 120L Notebook
May 10, 2010 | Dell Latitude D600 Notebook
Mar 25, 2010 | Dell Latitude D600 Notebook
239 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: