I am able to connect via wireless service that is not mine, but i cannot see
my router on the list of network connections. It used to work, but something changed in the settings.
When i try to open ParkerVision window i get a message:
'Windows Zero Configuration was detected.Please disable Windows Wireless Network Control...'
When i disable it, i loose network connection completely.
please help to set up my wireless connection properly.
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
I think you need to check the wireless settings of your router. If you have only one wireless computer then I will suggest you to create a new wireless network and then try to connect to the new wireless network.
All the laptops available in market have built in wireless 802.11 b/g/n or 802.11 b/g/n Bluetooth® wireless networking. It means that you can access the internet via Wi-Fi or through Wi-Fi hotspots. In wireless connectivity you do not require the wired connection to access the internet. In home you can connect the laptop via wireless connection using the home networking router available in market. The advantage of wireless connection is that you can use the internet in your home anywhere with in 100 meters of range with proper wireless signals.You will require to get the internet connection from the ISP(Internet Service Provider).
Please visit the link provided below for Home Networking Wireless Router:
Connect your computer to the router via an ethernet cable and log into the router's admin interface. Make sure that all of the wireless settings are set up correctly. If they are, try changing the mode between G and N or any other choices. Also try and change the frequency to make sure there is no interference.
1. Right click on My Computer icon and go to Manage. 2. Go to Services then go to Service and Applications. 3. Double click on Wireless Zero Configuration. 4. Change the Start Up Type to Automatic and click on Apply. 5. Click on Start and press OK to close the window. 6. Go to 'Control Panel', Click on Classic View in the left hand side menu and then open 'Network Connections'. 7. Right-click on the wireless Network Connection icon and select 'Properties'. 8. Go to the 'Wireless Networks' tab. 9. Check the option 'Use Windows to Configure this Wireless Connection' and click 'OK'.
Now please perform the following instructions to connect to the wireless network:
1. Go to 'Control Panel', Click on Classic View in the left hand side menu and then open 'Network Connections'. 2. Right-click on the wireless Network Connection icon and select 'Properties'. 3. Click on the 'wireless network' tab. 4. Under Preferred networks if you see any name in the list then highlight the name and click remove.Click OK. 5. Right-click on the wireless Network Connection icon and select 'View Available Networks'. 6. Look for the SSID (aka Network Name) of the Wireless router or access point. 4. Highlight the SSID from the list that you want to connect to. 5. Type the security Key here and click on the 'Connect' button. 6. You should have successfully established a wireless network connection.
I hope this information allows you to resolve this issue.
If I have helped you, please help me, and rate this suggestion the highest FixYa rating. If you cannot rate this post with the highest rating, then please comment to this post and I will try to help you further.
you have to check if you have the wep key enabled. when you put in the wep key, it should also be enabled so that your wireless network should say security-enabled wireless network. make sure to disconnect and connect again on your network after changing the settings to refresh your connection.
hope this helps.
Log on to the router, go to your wireless setup page. Disable wireless, reboot it and when it comes back up, enable wireless once more with a different pre-shared key. You'll need obviously to enter this new key into your laptops. Let me know if this solves the problem.
Set your wireless network as a preferred network and to automatically connect to it. Also set it at the top of the list so that it takes precedence. If you continue to get conflicts, change the channel of the router.