Not a problem - here's how to do it:
1) Turn on your TV.
2) On your Total Control Remote, press and release the TV button.
3) Press and *hold* the SET button (the red light will blink once - keep holding it - it will then blink twice - release the button).
4) Enter the four digit code for your TV (the red light will hen blink twice).
5) Press POWER - the TV should turn off. This will mean that the remote has successfully been programmed.
If you don't know the code for your TV, refer to the list of codes in the user manual, available at the following web address:http://www.remotecodelist.com/remotes/URC_4140_B00_and_B01.pdf
If your TV brand is not on the list, or if the codes for your brand don't work (which I've only seen happen once), then try the CODE SEARCH feature:
1) Press TV.
2) Press and hold SET (as above)
3) Press 9-9-1.
4) Alternate between pressing the TV and POWER buttons. When your TV turns off, that means the remote has found a code that will operate your TV.
I hope this helps - please let me know if I can be of any further assistance.