Question about Clarion Car Audio & Video
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Please follow the instructions given below:
1. Disconnect the USB cable and the printer power cable.
2. Please disconnect the power supply from the back of the printer.
3. Then remove the cartridges from the printer.
4. Please reconnect the power supply back and turn on the printer.
5. If lights are blinking then printer encoder strip is most likely the problem. Unplug the power from the printer. Open the front cover and move the cartridge carrier to the center. You should see a white ribbon cable, a thin plastic strip and a black belt with teeth.
6. The thin plastic strip is the encoder strip. It rides in a sensor on the back of the cartridge carrier that you will not be able to see. Reach in with the first finger of either hand and carefully strum the strip as if playing a guitar.
7. The strip will need to be lowered slightly and brought towards you slightly. Please be careful not to break the strip or your printer will not function. Once you believe the strip is set correctly, plug the power back and let us know if the lights are still blinking.
8. If you cannot repair the strip, please let us know so that we can assist you further.
Please Note: Fixing the encoder strip is a delicate procedure. During the troubleshooting, if the strip breaks, you will not be able to use the printer.
9. However, if lights are not blinking then try inserting one cartridge at a time and check if you can see any lights blinking. If light blinks with one cartridge then that cartridge is defective.
Posted on May 23, 2009
check the rca cords to see if they are messed up then on the output on the back of the cd player take a wire strip it of its casing and wrap it around the output rcas on the back of the deck figure 8 style
Posted on Apr 01, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 26, 2015 | Computers & Internet
Oct 06, 2014 | Acer Veriton M464 (4718235937997) PC...
Aug 09, 2012 | Televison & Video
May 26, 2010 | Yamaha DPX 1 Multimedia Projector
Mar 29, 2010 | Car Audio & Video
Dec 14, 2009 | 1998 GMC Sierra
May 29, 2009 | Namco Tekken 5
Oct 29, 2007 | Clarion DB255 CD Player
33 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!