Question about Televison & Video
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: region code
1. Open the tray
2. press the following sequence using the number keys: 98790 (this is equivalent to the code 9879 with the zero at the end representing all regions)
3. Press Close Tray - there should be a sign on the TV screen saying something like 'Region set to 0'
4. Turn off the DVD player for 5 seconds
5. Turn on the DVD player.
Posted on Jul 06, 2008
On the remote press. Open, Set-up, 9 (for Multiregion) or (1 to 8 for each region), then 5010, step, shuffle, next
OPEN, SETUP, x, 2, 0, 1, 0, STEP, SHUFFLE, NEXT. Where x is: 1 for Region 1, 2 for Region 2 … 9 for multi-region
I found these to codes for other models, they may work, I thought it was worth a look.
Posted on Apr 12, 2010
SOURCE: Need a region code hack
1. TURN ON THE POWER AND REMOVE ANY DISCS, CLOSE DRAWER
2. WAIT FOR " NO DISC " TO APPEAR ON YOUR DVD PLAYER SCREEN
3. USING YOUR REMOTE CONTROL PRESS: REPEAT 5-6-7-3-2-9 CONSECUTIVELY
4. THEN PRESS THE OPEN/CLOSE BUTTON ON YOUR DVD PLAYER
5. NOW TRY A DVD DISC FROM A DIFFERENT REGION
IF THIS IS NOT PROVING SUCESSFUL RESET THE DVD PLAYER BY PRESSING STOP AND PLAY BUTTONS ON THE REMOTE CONTROL FOR 5 SECONDS SIMULTANEOUSLY, DON'T FORGET TO REMOVE ANY DVD DISCS IN THE DRAWER. THEN TRY STEPS 2 - 4 AGAIN.
Posted on Feb 16, 2011
Tips for a great answer:
May 03, 2016 | JVC HR-XVC1U DVD-VCR Combo
Jan 20, 2016 | Mitsubishi DD-6030 DVD Player
Aug 06, 2014 | Sony DAV-TZ140 Home Cinema System Home...
Nov 18, 2010 | Insignia DVD Player with HD Upconversion
Jan 03, 2010 | Car Audio & Video
Nov 30, 2007 | Televison & Video
109 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!