Question about Continental Tire North America Continental Traffic ATB Bicycle Tire Wire Bead

1 Answer

What type of adaptor is needed for the tire stem of the traffic tire?

Posted by on


1 Answer

  • Level 2:

    An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points


    An expert that gotĀ 5 achievements.


    An expert whose answer gotĀ voted for 20 times.


    An expert who has answered 20 questions.

  • Expert
  • 76 Answers

If its not a schraeder valve then you will need a presta valve adapter.

Posted on May 20, 2011


1 Suggested Answer

  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.

Posted on Jan 02, 2017


Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

2 Answers

How do I remove a valve stem from riding mower rim?

If your simply replacing it with a new one or installing an inner tube you take a sharp knife and cut back side off. Don't cut completely as you want to catch that piece before it falls inside the tire. Then you simple pull the stem breaking that piece off, catching the back piece as it falls.

If you wanting to put back in a new stem for tubeless use you need a t-shape valve core wrench. After you place the new stem in the hole you thread the tool on and pull the new stem into place.

Jun 22, 2014 | Craftsman 42 in. Deck 19.5hp Lawn Tractor

2 Answers

No tire or tube on rim. where do I start for trying to put the new tube and tire on?

its somewhat hard to explain in words
check this video out
also most bike stores will probably help you out for free

Nov 09, 2010 | Cycling

1 Answer

2008 kia sportage with damage to tire valve stem, TPMS sensor is okay. Tire installer states valve stem is corroded and tire has slow lwak through the valve stem. how do i get this fixed?

Replace the valve stem or have it replaced. There is a special tool to unscrew the valve stem. Remove the wheel and tire from the car and depress the pin in the stem to release the air in the tire. When you have about 90% of the air out of the tire, insert the tool into the stem an turn counterclockwise to remove. After you install the new valve stem, get a ride to a gas station that offers free air and fill the tire up. As long as the tire is still seated to the lip of the rim (check just for your safety but I very highly doubt it unseated from the rim) and fill the tire to the cold psi rating which is stamped on the sidewall of the tire. If you want to check the tire itself for a slow leak prior to doing the steps above, here is what to do. Get a pan or plastic tub that is sightly wider and longer than the tire and rim. Fill the tub with water and set them it in the water (while it is still filled with air) and slowly roll the tire in place and look for small air bubbles to rise. If you see bubbles, there is a leak.

May 12, 2010 | 1996 Kia Sportage

2 Answers

One tire is not showing a psi-new tires put on this weekend what do I need to do?

It sounds like the tyre needs a new valve, they also have a very small screw head inside the valve but you need a special tool to tighten them up, again this could be at fault. easy repair.

Apr 19, 2010 | 2009 Nissan Murano

1 Answer

I have a 1999 grand am gt1 im installing new rims and tires will i need to buy new sensors

No you should not have to by new sensor. If you mean the ABS sensor's there attached to the wheel hubs and if you mean the tire pressure monitoring system (TPMS) there are two types. Once is with your ABS system and the other is with the valve stem on the rims, so if the TPMS is on the valve stem, have the tire shop swap them on to the new rims.
Good luck and keep me posted.

Feb 22, 2010 | 1999 Pontiac Grand Am GT

2 Answers

How much air do i need in my tires

the tire industry recommends 32-34 PSI in all 4 tires

Nov 12, 2009 | 1995 Toyota Camry

1 Answer

Tire Leaks at Valve Stem

not just chrysler, there are many wheels from manufactures that have the same type of problems. chances are they will not help you.

Jun 11, 2009 | 2003 Chrysler PT Cruiser

1 Answer

The tires are flat

You need to purchase an adapter which pushes onto the valve (so it doesn't depress the valve stem) and the other end is a standard screw fix to a bicycle pump.

Any good bicycle store stocks them.

The valve you are desrcibing is pretty standard on racing type bicycles.

Good luck and let me know how you get on.

Mar 04, 2009 | Radio Flyer 1800 Big Red Classic Wagon...

Not finding what you are looking for?
Continental Tire North America Continental Traffic ATB Bicycle Tire  Wire Bead Logo

Related Topics:

71 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Continental Tire North America Cycling Experts


Level 3 Expert

76164 Answers


Level 3 Expert

102366 Answers

John Egan
John Egan

Level 2 Expert

73 Answers

Are you a Continental Tire North America Cycling Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides