Question about HP Laserjet P3015X Printer
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
From the control panel of the printer, do the following:
1. arrow down once to highlight the 2nd item: "paper handling".
2. press the check button (turquoise color) to select this option.
3. arrow down 2x's until you highlight the "tray 2 size".
4. hit the check button to select this item.
5. You should see a size that is "letter" and there should be a ' * ' asterisk which means that is the default setting. If you see other paper sizes as well, then arrow up or arrow down to highlight the preferred size, and then press the check button to insert the asterisk ' * ' which will set that as the default.
6. you change the paper type as well as paper size for the other trays in the same fashion. Most HP printers will select paper according to the SIZE as well as the TYPE. The printer can "sense" the paper size in the paper cassette tray by the stops that hold the paper. Therefore the printer will choose that paper based upon the SIZE and what you define as its type.
Posted on Feb 19, 2010
SOURCE: settings in HP Printer LJ 4100.
The 4100 will look at tray 1 first then tray 2 If tray 1 is empty it will pull from tray 2 if the papersize matches the job otherwise back to tray 1 and ask for the paper.
Your machine likely thinks the paper in tray 2 is not the size you want. For instance you have LETTER in tray2 But the machine thinks it is legal.
The LJ 4100 detects the paper size in tray 2 automatically. If you print a configuration page:
MENU them INFORMATION then ITEM then CONFIGURATION PAGE then SELECT.
The page will print and show what size paper the machine thinks is in Tray 2 if it says LEGAL and you have LETTER you need to Check The Paper Backstop in TRAY 2.
The back stop sets the length of the paper if it is not at Letter (8 1/2 x 11) the machine will not detect LETTER. Even if it just a little bit off or between positions.
If it is set at LETTER then you may have bad switches in the machine that are operated by the tray.
Or the arms on the tray that operate the switches are not moving properly.
You will find the arms on the rt, side of the tray and feel them change position when you move the backstop.
Hope this helps.
Posted on Mar 28, 2009
Your tray 1 might be open (even just partially) or your manual feed setting might be on. You can find this setting under > Configure device / Printing / Manual Feed
Posted on Sep 18, 2009
SOURCE: I want to reset my
Press the Menu button , select the CONFIGURE DEVICE menu, and then select the RESETS menu. RESTORE FACTORY SETTINGS. Clear the page buffer, remove all perishable personality data, reset the printing environment, and return all default settings to factory defaults. Hope this helps.
Posted on Aug 06, 2011
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 08, 2015 | HP Laserjet P3015X Printer
Sep 13, 2014 | HP Laserjet P3015X Printer
Aug 14, 2014 | HP LaserJet P3005dn Printer
Aug 06, 2011 | HP Laserjet P3015X Printer
May 08, 2011 | HP LaserJet P3005n Printer
Dec 09, 2009 | HP LaserJet 4200 Printer
Sep 24, 2009 | HP LaserJet 4600dn Color Printer
Mar 28, 2008 | HP LaserJet 4250n Printer
Jul 03, 2014 | HP Laserjet P3015X Printer
11,024 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: