Question about Symbol AP-5131
Ideally, there shouldn't be any configuration needed. Access points are transparent and only work as a bridge between wireless and wired network so devices should obtain their IP info from your DHCP server not the access point by default.
If you face problems, then there might be a DHCP server in the access point, disable that.
Posted on Jan 14, 2012
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
I have solved the problem:
- first, I had to change the management address in CF-WFAP into address that could be recognized by the router (i used 192.168.1.2),
- DHCP turned off, and set default gateway and DNS to 192.168.1.1. as in router, computer IP was set to 192.168.1.xxx, push "apply", change web address to new one,
- set AP mode to station-infrastructure, push "apply" buton to restart AP,
- set security to same security as in router and copy key into proper field, push "apply" again to reset the AP
- finaly check wireless station around and choose the router (same encription)
Posted on Mar 22, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 19, 2012 | Linksys Computers & Internet
Feb 23, 2011 | Linksys WAG200G Router
To Configure the Router with Internet Access
Connect to one of the wireless router/access point's LAN Ethernet ports, turn off its DHCP server, and give the wireless router a static IP on your LAN:
Feb 21, 2011 | NetGear WGR614 Wireless Router
Aug 28, 2010 | EnGenius EOC2610 80211g Outdoor High Power...
Aug 27, 2010 | Linksys Wireless-G WRT54G Router
Aug 06, 2010 | EnGenius EOC-2610 802.11b/g Wireless...
Jan 26, 2010 | Anthology Solutions Yellow Machine P400T...
Jun 21, 2009 | D-Link DI-634M Wireless Router (DI634M)
Apr 02, 2009 | NetGear FWG114P Router (FWG114PAU)
Feb 18, 2008 | D-Link DI-704P Router
May 14, 2012 | Symbol AP-5131
May 06, 2009 | Symbol AP-5131
258 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: