I found a couple things to help you out. First of all, youre going to need to install the driver (if you didnt get the CD)
If you are using Vista, click here
If you are still using Windows XP, click here
After installing the copier (nice gift, by the way), you can operate the scan function by:
1. On the device's operation panel, press the [Scanner] key.
2. Press [Original Feed Type].
3. Select [Batch] or [SADF].
To scan originals using the exposure glass, select [Batch]. To scan originals using the ADF, select [SADF].
4. Press [OK].
5. Place originals.
6. Press [Start] to scan originals.
7. If [Batch] is selected, place additional originals, and then press [Start].
8. If [SADF] is selected, scanning starts automatically when you place additional originals.
9. Repeat this step until all originals are scanned.
10. After all originals are scanned, press [#].
11. Storing or transmission starts.
If you have any additional questions, dont hesitate to ask. Also, for future reference, here is the manual
for your copier.
NOTE: your model number is actually LD015
and most manuals and drivers associated with your product can be used for the LD015f ; LD015spf and vice versa
Hope this helps,