Question about Proscan PS52690 52" Rear Projection Television
I have a Proscan PS52682 bought it in '94. I noticed that occassionally the TV would shut itself off automatically then turn back on a few seconds later with the message "that its normal". Something like that.
These last few months its been happening a lot more often. The other day it happened about 3 times on the same day. The FINAL time it turned off, it turned back on after a few seconds then quickly back off. When I try to turn it back on, the Power light goes on and a few seconds later it shuts off again.
I suspect its the power supply and I called someone who knows a bit about TVs and also said it may be the power supply.
1) I still need to look myself so where do you think the Power supply is located on the TV
2) Where can I find the part? VERY IMPORTANT
3) What is the average price for one of these parts?
4) Can it be something other than the power supply?
5) Is the power supply easy to remove and replace?
6) Anything "extra" that needs to be replaced when a power supply is replaced? Eg. circuits/wires around it......
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 25, 2016 | Proscan Televison & Video
Dec 22, 2007 | Proscan PS27500 27" TV
May 29, 2010 | Proscan 32LB45Q 32 in. TV
Sep 22, 2009 | Panasonic Viera TH-42PX80U Plasma TV
Jun 07, 2009 | Televison & Video
Dec 27, 2008 | Proscan PS52690 52" Rear Projection...
275 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: