Question about Proscan PS52690 52" Rear Projection Television
I have a Proscan PS52682 bought it in '94. I noticed that occassionally the TV would shut itself off automatically then turn back on a few seconds later with the message "that its normal". Something like that.
These last few months its been happening a lot more often. The other day it happened about 3 times on the same day. The FINAL time it turned off, it turned back on after a few seconds then quickly back off. When I try to turn it back on, the Power light goes on and a few seconds later it shuts off again.
I suspect its the power supply and I called someone who knows a bit about TVs and also said it may be the power supply.
1) I still need to look myself so where do you think the Power supply is located on the TV
2) Where can I find the part? VERY IMPORTANT
3) What is the average price for one of these parts?
4) Can it be something other than the power supply?
5) Is the power supply easy to remove and replace?
6) Anything "extra" that needs to be replaced when a power supply is replaced? Eg. circuits/wires around it......
Tips for a great answer:
Jun 01, 2011 | Proscan PS52800 52" Rear Projection...
Oct 02, 2009 | Proscan PS60690 60" Rear Projection...
Aug 27, 2009 | Mitsubishi WS-55311 55" Rear Projection...
Sep 21, 2008 | Projection Televisions
Dec 15, 2007 | Toshiba 46HM95 46" HDTV
Dec 27, 2008 | Proscan PS52690 52" Rear Projection...
273 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: