SOLUTION ON How to Remove Lawn Tractor Wheels.
Owning a lawn tractor to take care of the grass and yardwork is convenient until the tires need repairing. It is inevitable that sooneror later the tires will go flat and need replacing. You can replace the tiresonce you know how to remove the wheels on your lawn tractor. Unlike automotivewheels which have several lug nuts, the lawn tractor tire requires only theremoval of a retaining ring to release the wheel from the axle.Front Wheels
- 1 Park the lawn tractor on a level surface. It is better to park the lawn tractor on the driveway or solid shop floor rather than the lawn. Place a floor jack under the front frame and jack the mower up until the front tires are six inches off of the ground.
- 2 Place jack stands under the frame on each side of the jack and lower the jack until the frame is sitting on the jack stands. If the mower is on the lawn, place a piece of plywood under the jack stands to avoid sinking the jack stands into the lawn.
- 3 Pop the axle cover off of the center of the wheel. You can pry the cover off with a small flathead screwdriver or grab the cover with a pair of pliers and twist the cover off of the axle.
- 4 Pull the retaining ring from the axle with a pair of needle nose pliers. Grab the ring from the closed side and pull the ring straight from the side of the axle. If necessary, use a flathead screwdriver to aid in spreading the open part of the ring so the ring will slide off of the axle.
- 5 Slide the two washers off of the axle and then pull the wheel off of the axle.
Toolsneeded to solve the problem below.
Floor jack,Pair of jack stands ,Small flathead screwdriver ,Needle nosepliers ,Vice grips
THEN SOLUTION ON How to REPLACE Lawn Tractor Wheels.