Question about Mitsubishi WD-52631 52" Projection HDTV

2 Answers

My son turned on my 1080pi tv last night and heard a loud pop and then smelt a burning smell. Do I need to take this to a repair shop or can I fix it myself? What would the cost be?

Posted by on

Ad

2 Answers

  • Level 3:

    An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points

    All-Star:

    An expert that got 10 achievements.

    MVP:

    An expert that got 5 achievements.

    Vice President:

    An expert whose answer got voted for 100 times.

  • Master
  • 373 Answers

It is likely your lamp has went out. There is an access panel on the back of the set on this model, however some models access on the front. Get a lamp and housing at http://www.pureglare.com for the best price new with warranty. Installing the lamp is easy using a screwdriver and pulls out. Inspect it to see if it is blown inside with any glass particles. Hopefully you will not need a ballast which lights up the lamp. Enter model number and make at the website to get price...very reasonable prices

Posted on May 19, 2011

Ad
  • Level 3:

    An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points

    Top Expert:

    An expert who has finished #1 on the weekly Top 10 Fixya Experts Leaderboard.

    Superstar:

    An expert that got 20 achievements.

    All-Star:

    An expert that got 10 achievements.

  • Mitsubishi Master
  • 74,630 Answers

Hello
Something bursted out inside your tV. Probably it will be a mains filter capacitor. If this type of capacitor bursts out, it will spill the electrolyte liquid all over the surroundings, which is an electrically conductive material. So never turn ON this TV until it has been throughly cleaned and repaired. Power supply board inside your Tv is faulty. OK.

Posted on May 19, 2011

Ad

1 Suggested Answer

6ya6ya
  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

Hi,
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Goodluck!

Posted on Jan 02, 2017

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%

my-video-file.mp4

Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add

×

Loading...
Loading...

Related Questions:

1 Answer

My son put foil on the tip of a light bulb and screwed it into the socket well when he turn the light on i heard a loud pop. the dimmer swtich looks ans smell burnt how can i fix this?


If your dimmer smells burned, it probably is.
As general rule, there are no repair parts for in-wall electrical devices since they are contained inside sealed plastic shell to prevent fires.
The burning smell was high heat and melting that would have caused a fire if in-wall electrical devices were sold without safeguards.
Replace dimmer.
Be sure to check watt rating on side of old and new dimmers to match correct load rating.
Take out of son's allowance, and make the future electrical genius help read small print on instructions and install new device.
Turn power off to replace device.
Use non-contact voltage tester to check that power is off.
http://waterheatertimer.org/How-to-select-right-wire-nut.html
http://waterheatertimer.org/See-inside-main-breaker-box.html

Jul 24, 2012 | Lutron Ivory - Ariadni Dimmer - Magnetic...

1 Answer

Have a 65inch Mitsubishi DLP. acouple years old, just heard a loud pop,smelled like it was burning,it turns on but just sound????


hi,
Check the lamp of you tv. The lam is burned. that's why you heared a pop up sound and burning smell. Just check it and replace it. you will get the picture back.
ok

Apr 16, 2011 | Mitsubishi WD65737 65" DLP TV

1 Answer

Is it possible to replace the bulb in this tv or something like that? I was watching it the other day when a loud pop occurred and there was some burning smell accompanied by the picture and sound going...


Shop around for the Big Screen repair Tech. Shop.The problems u discribing,the tv have more than a dead projection bulb.Circuits boards have burn components,must be trouble shoot and replace first.Before even know the static of the projection bulb.

Jul 16, 2010 | Sony KP-53S65 53" Rear Projection...

1 Answer

No picture. no sound


Bulb may have popped. Cheapest fix, unless your an electrician it the only thing to really try before replacing set.

May 31, 2010 | Sony Grand WEGA KDF-60WF655 60" Rear...

2 Answers

Tv all the sudden wont turn on and wires smell like they are burn


What worked last night and last week does not play any role on what works now. The issue here is power supply that you smelling, and that crackling sound backs it up. Now you have choices but there not all in your favor and you got to expect that when it comes to repair as its going to put a dent in the wallet.

Powerboard/deflection unit $250 plus labor..

Plus whatever got burned inside during this whole ordeal. Concider this: Cost of new verses Repair of old. Also a new tv will give you its life plus 3 years warranty to boot, this tv will give you 90 days after its fixed on the part only, after witch other things can go wroung.

I agree with repair only if your willing to pay for it. There are Quality repair places like www.teexp.com click and check if they can come to you if not you need to check you local listings for a tech locally.

diagnosis: power/deflection unit
Prognosis: 90 days parts/? Labor

please be considerate whren leaving positive ratings and feedback today.

May 27, 2010 | RCA HD52W59 HDTV Projection Television

1 Answer

MAGNAVOX TV BURNING SMELL TV WENT POP AND WENT OFF


Well that pop had something to do with the power components inside the TV frying. I would have to say there is nothing you can do to repair it as its dangerous to work on such things.
I wouln't waste my time bringing it to a repair shop they will probably tell you to just buy a new one.

Jan 05, 2009 | LG RU-27FB30C TV

1 Answer

Vizio L32 HDTV - Blew Out, No Power


Yes, I do in home warranty work on vizeo, it sounds like you need a power board and perhaps a main board. The power board is what pooped.

Nov 13, 2008 | Vizio L32 32 in. LCD HDTV

1 Answer

Toshiba 50hp66


I think that the pop you heard was an electrolytic capacitor blowing its top on the picture frame board. If you are able to check this for yourself by looking on the board for the one/s with a bulging top or are a brownish/black colour like something has caught fire. And also in this situation smell can be of great help as it will smell burnt out but PLEASE before putting your nose or anything else in the tv take all necessary precautions against electric shock and discharge any electrolytic capacitors in the vicinity. If you are not able to do this yourself find a competant technician. Hope this helps.

Jul 16, 2008 | Toshiba 50HP66 50 in. Plasma Television

2 Answers

A loud POP. No picture now.


sounds like filter capacitors in the power supply. did you replace the convergence IC's?

Jan 05, 2008 | Sharp 64LHP5000 64" Rear Projection...

2 Answers

No Power


Your set is going into high voltage shut down. Might have been the high voltage transformer that has gone bad.

Mar 09, 2007 | Hitachi 60UX58B 60" Rear Projection...

Not finding what you are looking for?
Mitsubishi WD-52631 52" Projection HDTV Logo

107 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Mitsubishi Televison & Video Experts

matt martin
matt martin

Level 3 Expert

1213 Answers

The Knight
The Knight

Level 3 Expert

74630 Answers

Jaime Hernandez

Level 3 Expert

2322 Answers

Are you a Mitsubishi Televison and Video Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides

Loading...