Question about HP LaserJet 2300N Printer
You should enter the IP address assigned & set up on the printer.
Please refer to the following article from HP for more details:
Posted on May 18, 2011
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 16, 2013 | HP Color LaserJet 2600n Printer
Jan 28, 2013 | Office Equipment & Supplies
Jul 31, 2012 | HP Office Equipment & Supplies
Jul 11, 2012 | HP LaserJet 3055 All-In-One Printer
Jul 12, 2011 | HP Laserjet M2727nf Multifunction Printer
Jun 18, 2011 | HP Color LaserJet 4600n Printer
Mar 18, 2011 | Lexmark E260dn Laser Printer
HP says to use the Vista drivers. You have to install it a a local printer follow these steps....
1. Make sure the printer is turned on and connected to your network. Verify that you can access the printer's internal web page by browsing to its IP address before continuing. Print a network config page or make note of the IP address and Name. (should be a static IP)
2. Click >> Start >> Control panel >> Devices and Printers.
3. Click the Add a printer
4. Select Local printer
5. Select Create a new port and select Standard TCP/IP Port and click Next button.
6. Under Device type, select TCP/IP Device. Under Hostname or IP address, enter the printer's host name (found on the printer's network configuration report the generated above). Click Next.
If you get a message about Additional Port Information Required, then the printer was not found using the host name. You can go back and retry or using the printer's IP address instead of the host name.
7. Select HP or Hewlett-Packard from the list of manufacturers and select and select your printer model. Click Next.
If your printer model was not listed, then select Have Disk, browse the HP CD that came with your printer and select the first file that starts with hp and ends with inf.or use currently installed driver if you have teh correct on installed. Click Open then OK. Select your printer model. Click Next.
8. It will ask for the Printer name -- enter a new name or use the existing one. This will be the name of the printer that you select from other applications.
9. You may be asked to share the printer. Make a choice and click Next.
10. The Print Test Page box appears. Go ahead and print it.
11. Click Finish.
Dec 19, 2010 | HP LaserJet 1020 Printer
Sep 02, 2009 | HP LaserJet 4050tn Printer
Mar 03, 2008 | HP LaserJet 3055 All-In-One Printer
Aug 15, 2011 | HP LaserJet 2300N Printer
141 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!