this would work for dell 1525 with vista and xp please note that the perihepral device is nothing but the device which you are connecting, will have its own device please check you must have a driver in the manual or it would already be installed in device as soon as you connect it should work after this steps
- Save any work open and close all programs.
- Browse to support.dell.com.
I'm looking for drivers and downloads
- Under Choose by Servicmy laptop is asking me some driver to install - green_button_left.gif
Enter a Tag
Service Tag number, click Go in the green oval .
- When the default values are not correct, click the to the right of Operating System or Driver Language and select the desired value.
to the right of Category, then click Network in the list of categories that appears.
- Click Download Now to the right of Wireless Internal Bluetooth® Module.
- In the File Download - Security Warning window, click Save.
- Write down the filename, it will be needed later.
- Click Desktop on the left under the navigation bar of the Save As windowmy laptop is asking me some driver to install - pearl.bmpick Save.
- It may be necessary to click Browse Folmy laptop is asking me some driver to install - vista_restart_arrow.jpglist of options.
- window, click Close.
- Click the Start button.
- Click the arrow to the right of the lock icon.
- Select Shut down.
- Wait 10 seconds after the computer shuts down, then press the <Power> button.
- Once the computer has reached the Desktop, double-click the file previously downloaded.
- The Open File - Security Warning window may appear. If so, click Run.
- The User Account Control window may appear. If so, click Allow or Continue.
- In the Network: window, click Continue.
- In the Select the folder where you want to unzip the files to window, click OK.
- In the Folder does not exist. Do you want to create it? window, click YES.
- When the message appears asking to overwrite the folder, click Yes to All.
- In the All files were successfully unzipped window, click OK.
The Preparing to Install the Vista Bluetooth Profile Pack screen appears and closes.
- In the Vista Profile Pack Bluetooth InstallShield Wizard Welcome window, click Next.
- In the Ready to Install the Bluetooth Profile Pack window, click Install.
The Installing the Vista Bluetooth Profile Pack screen appears and closes.
- In the One Click Download Firmware Upgrade window, click OK.
- A message to plug the computer in to A/C power may appear. If so, provide the computer with A/C power before proceeding.
The Dell Bluetooth module's firmware is updated and the installation of the Vista Bluetooth Profile Pack continues.
- In the Vista Bluetooth Profile Pack InstallShield Wizard Completed window, click Finish.
- In the Vista Profile Pack Installer Information window, click Yes.
The computer restarts.