- Ensure all of the Windows XP installation discs and information are present.
- Install the Windows XP disc.
- Press and hold <Ctrl>+<Alt>+<Del> at the same time to restart the computer.
- When the computer restarts and the splash screen appears, press
- In the Boot menu, use the <Up> and <Down> arrows to select either CD or DVD, and then press <Enter> to continue.
- If prompted, press any key to continue. If you do not press a key, the computer starts from the hard drive. In that case, wait until Windows has completed started up, and then begin again.
- At the Windows XP setup window, select To set up Windows XP now, press Enter, and then press <Enter>.
- Press <F8> to accept the terms and conditions specified in the license agreement.
you will have to reformat the entire hard drive/disc
- In the Windows Setup Partition screen, press <Enter> to partition the hard drive. On this screen, review the listed partitions. Usually, the original operating system partition is labeled (OS) and is also the largest partition.
- Use the <Up> and <Down> arrows on your keyboard to highlight the OS partition and press <D> to delete the partition.
- When the Confirmation screen appears, review the warnings and press <Enter>to continue. You will now be returned to the previous screen.
- Use the <Up> and <Down> arrows to highlight the unpartitioned space and press <Enter> to set up Windows XP. The Windows XP Setup appears with the following information highlighted: Format the partition using the NTFS system.
- Press <Enter> to continue. On the next screen, a progress bar shows the format process. When the format is complete, the setup files are copied to the hard drive.
The following message appears: Please wait while setup copies files to the Windows installation folders. This might take several minutes.
Then follows Setup is copying files…. The status bar displays the percentage complete. When complete, the computer reboots and the set up wizard appears.
- When the Regional and Language Options window appears, change as needed, then click Next.
- When the Personalize Your Software window appears, enter a name and organization if wanted, then click Next.
- When the Product Key window appears, enter the product key, then click Next.
- When the Computer Name and Administrator Password window appears, enter a password if wanted, then click Next.
When you enter the password, be sure the caps lock is off; passwords are case sensitive.
- When the Date and Time Setting window appears, change as needed, then click Next.Windows is installed, a progress bar indicates approximately how much of the task is complete.
- The computer reboots.
The Windows XP operating system is fully installed.