Question about Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

What do burned spots in microwaves occur due to? What needs to be done to prevent them. Is there anything in the manual regarding that? We do know how to clean them! We need to know how to prevent it only!!! Thank You.

Posted by on

Ad

1 Answer

  • Level 3:

    An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points

    All-Star:

    An expert that got 10 achievements.

    MVP:

    An expert that got 5 achievements.

    President:

    An expert whose answer got voted for 500 times.

  • Master
  • 1,216 Answers

Burn marks occur only when you use more temp or microwave for larger time.
these never occur when you use autocook menu.

Posted on May 18, 2011

Ad

1 Suggested Answer

6ya6ya
  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

Hi,
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Goodluck!

Posted on Jan 02, 2017

Ad

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%

my-video-file.mp4

Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add

×

Loading...
Loading...

Related Questions:

1 Answer

My son cooked a container with a wire on it. It burned the microwave how to fix it


I do not know what do you mean burned the microwave? It is completely damaged? If it is , you must to buy a new one, to due the leak of radiation, for healt prevention.
God bless you

Jul 22, 2013 | Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

Problem with the Whirlpool GH5184XPQ 1100 Watts Microwave Oven: In turning the microwave on this morning, a faint electric sparking was heard. Upon shutting it off and opening the door an acrid burning...


The problem is that the magnetron is arcing when it is running and it has found a couple bare spots 'exposing the metal'. The microwave uses a special industrial white enamel paint to prevent arcing, it is very important that the oven be removed from service until the situation is rectified otherwise there is a danger of shorting out the magnetron.

Feb 22, 2011 | Whirlpool GH5184XPQ Microwave Oven

1 Answer

Gold Star 1515W microwave not heating up and when


The magnetron (the part that heats the food) may be bad or the circuitry to the magnetron may have burned out. Basically my advice is that if you have no electrical expertise, it isn't worth fixing. The magnetron if bad, costs almost as much as a new microwave. If you open it up (make sure it has been unplugged for a few hours and don't seen any obvious burnt parts, then most likely the magnetron is done and a new microwave is the way to go.

Let me know how this works out for you.

Benjamin

Jul 17, 2010 | Goldstar MV-1515 Microwave Oven

1 Answer

White bottom panel inside the microwave is peeling in two spots. What can be done if anything?


affected area would need to be sanded and re-painted with microwave paint. repairclinic.com sells the paint

Feb 04, 2010 | GE Spacemaker JVM1640SJ Microwave Oven

1 Answer

Will not heat. has power going to transformer


Hi,

There are a couple of steps you can do inorder to varify the main reason for your micro wave not heating.

Microwave doesn't activate / heat.
  1. Make sure microwave is plugged in properly.
  2. Check that door closes completely and its latch is aligned.
  3. Check that interlock switch in door works properly (required for activating microwave).
  4. Replace a blown fuse if it's accessible, or contact a service technician.
  5. Inspect plastic coupling beneath tray.
  6. Check ring and roller assembly for misalignment or debris.
  7. Make sure that tray is sitting properly on turning mechanism.
  8. If carousel motor is broken, contact a service technician.
  9. Make sure there's no aluminum foil or metal trim on dishware.
  10. Food residue or burned spots can cause electrical arcing. Clean chamber thoroughly. Replace wave-guide cover if burned or carbonized.
  11. Sand away burn spots, and smooth rough metal edges.
  12. Touch up spots with microwave interior paint if necessary.
  13. If chamber has burn holes, contact a service technician.
After doing these steps I am sure you would be able to figure out the problem area.

Please let me know if you need any further information.

God Bless.

Jul 09, 2009 | GE Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

It runs, but does not heat anything.


est the high voltage capacitor,the rectifier diode.or the magnetron. If all this are fine, test the control board.

Thediodeand capacitors can br tested. The capacitor must bealloweddischargebefore testing, or you risk to get electrocuted, evenifpower is off.Capacitors can get discharged by shorting theirtwocontacts.
Before replacing the magnetron test also the control board.
Replace the magnetron if the checks and all of the high voltage component tests are good, but the unit still does not heat.



All locations, and description of this parts can be located using the diagram here: Counter top.

Parts must be tested to find out what is wrong.

Remember that microwaves are potentially dangerous devices if not repaired properly, the job must be done by a competent person.
A microwave energy leakage test must always be performed when the oven is serviced for any reason.

Regarding parts, contact the seller here to purchase parts.

Mar 14, 2009 | GE JVM1650 1000 Watts Microwave Oven

1 Answer

Microwave


The door can be replaced, just call the service center. Not too sure about the spot on the back panel though. However, it may work out cheaper to just buy a new microwave altogether...

May 21, 2008 | GE Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

Burnt spot


Quite often this is due to grease or food particles stuck to the inside of the oven or stuck on or behind the waveguide cover.

The waveguide cover is usually about the size of a playing card and often held in place by a plastic rivet.

It can be fragile, and the metal edges of the oven behind it can be sharp, so be careful!

The cover and the metal behind it should be cleaned with a mild, non-ammonia cleaner.

If the cavity metal of the oven is chipped or charred, it will have to be sanded smooth and clean and dried thoroughly.

Then you can apply some high-temperature appliance paint, available from places like Wal-Mart, Lowe's or Builder's Square.

If your waveguide cover is burned, it will need to be replaced.

We're happy to help and we appreciate your thoughtful rating of our answer.

Mar 30, 2008 | Emerson MW8775W Microwave Oven

1 Answer

FIRE


Manufacturers will note that they warn in their owner manuals to never leave a microwave running unattended, so they won't help you any further, I'm sure.

Mmost modern microwaves have a flame sensor inside that will shut the microwave down completely in case flames get too high.

Then the cooling fan and power will shut off, and the fire will almost certainly be smothered pretty quickly due to a lack of air inside the oven.

Also, the inside is metal, thus the only fuel for the fire would have been the potato, which would not have lasted long.

So as scary and disturbing as this event was, I would say the real danger of a fire outside of the oven was miniscule.

The fire probably occured due to a dry or irregular spot in the skin of the potato. Once it's dry, it will of course burn much easier.

So now to the smell...

You should do a Google search on "odor microwave" or "microwave smell" where you can find tips on boiling water & baking soda, then vinegar and water in the microwave to neutralize the smell.

If your microwave does not work, then it may have blown the flame sensor (thermal fuse) and that would have to be replaced.

Please let us know if we can help further.

Nov 15, 2007 | Kenmore 62702 Microwave Oven

1 Answer

It just doesn't work.


Did he plug it back into the first spot? Assuming so and assuming it still doesn't work, then I would say that you have a blown fuse. That can be caused by a loose fuse holder, misalignment or damage to the door, etc. It may also have an open or tripped thermostat. We have text files covering critical safety, disassembly, and door switches. You can find them via a search on Yahoo.com (not Google) for this: microwave circuit repair At this point the oven needs to be checked out a bit. With these text files, and proper caution, it can be done pretty easily.

Nov 30, 2006 | Sharp R-303CW Convection / Microwave Oven

Not finding what you are looking for?
Microwave Ovens Logo

Related Topics:

21 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Microwave Ovens Experts

William Miller
William Miller

Level 3 Expert

9085 Answers

Donald DCruz
Donald DCruz

Level 3 Expert

17130 Answers

yadayada
yadayada

Level 3 Expert

76846 Answers

Are you a Microwave Oven Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides

Loading...