Question about Canon Office Equipment & Supplies
The "error C000" displays when the ink cartridge is not seated properly. The easiest way to resolve this is to remove an incorrectly inserted ink tank. The top portion of the ink tank should be in place and the top portion must go beneath the ink color name sticker. Here are some steps that you may use to correct this problem.
1. Unplug the unit from the power outlet.
2. Open the top cover and move the print head holder to the center. Print head holder may be at the left side of the printer. Lifting the print head holder before sliding it to the center may help you do the operation.
3. Remove two left most ink tanks following the procedures below.
--> First, push down the upper part of the ink tank until it slides under the cover so that the ink tank fits into place.
--> Then, push the latch lever in the direction of the arrow and pull out the ink tank.
4. Pull out the rest of ink tanks one by one:
--> While holding the upper part of the ink tank, remove the ink tank by gently twisting it.
5. Turn ON the printer again.
6. When the Print Head Holder moves to the ink tank replacement position, insert the ink tanks properly.
--> Do not hold the Print Head Holder to stop or move it forcibly. Do not touch the Print Head Holder until it stops completely.
Hope it helps.
Thank you for using FixYa.
Posted on May 18, 2011
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 17, 2014 | Canon PIXMA Office Equipment & Supplies
Mar 06, 2014 | Canon PIXMA MG5320 All-in-One Printer
Sep 23, 2011 | Canon PIXMA MX860 All-In-One InkJet...
Sep 01, 2011 | Canon PIXMA MP620 All-In-One InkJet...
Aug 09, 2011 | Canon MP640 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Jan 12, 2011 | Canon PIXMA MX860 OFFICE AIO-2.5IN LCD...
May 14, 2010 | Canon PIXMA MP540 All-In-One InkJet...
156 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!