Question about Sylvania G-Netbook
Have you tried reconfiguring the Netgear Wireless router? The easiest way to resolve a connection problem is by reconfiguring the setting. Here's how to configure the netgear router.
1. Turn off and unplug your high-speed modem's power before connecting the device to your wireless router. Connect your high-speed modem to the Netgear wireless router . With an Ethernet cable, plug the Ethernet cable that was connected to your high-speed modem into the "Internet" port on the back of your Netgear wireless router. This port is located next to the wireless router's power port and is designated by a green color.
2. Connect your computer and the Netgear wireless router with an Ethernet cable. TUrn off your computer before connecting it to your wireless router. Connect one end of the short, blue Ethernet cable that came with your Netgear wireless router into your computer's Ethernet jack. Plug the other end of the cable into a LAN port on the back of your wireless router. Your wireless router will have several numbered LAN ports, designated by a yellow color. It does not matter which LAN port you use.
3. Turn on each device in order. First, power up your high-speed modem, then wait at least 2 minutes. Make sure that your high-speed modem's status indicators show that it has successfully connected to your ISP's server. Next, plug the Netgear AC power adapter into the Netgear wireless router and a power outlet. Wait at least 2 minutes for your wireless router to connect to your high-speed modem. You will know that it has successfully connected if all of the status lights on the front of the wireless router are on. Finally, turn on your computer.
4. Open your Web browser and connect to the wireless router's URL. In the address bar of your browser, type in the wireless router's address. The Netgear wireless router addresses are: http://www.routerlogin.net, http://www.routerlogin.com or http://192.168.1.1. You can use any one of these URLs. Press "Enter" on your keyboard once you have typed in the address.
5. Input the default user name and password. The default user name is "admin," and the default password is "password." The text boxes are case-sensitive, so it is important that you use lowercase letters.
6. Follow the Setup Wizard instructions. Once you log into the router, a Setup Wizard will load and ask if you want it to detect your Internet type. Click the "Yes" radio button, then click "Next." Once you have completed the wizard, configuration is complete, and you can access the Internet using the wireless router.
7. Configure wireless settings. If you have wireless devices that you want to connect to your Netgear wireless router, you must access your wireless settings. Log into the wireless router as described in Steps 4 and 5, then find and click the "Wireless Setting" link on the main menu. You can change the default SSID (wireless network name) from "NETGEAR" to a custom name, and you can change security settings such that a passcode is required to log onto your wireless network. When you finish changing your wireless settings, click "Apply." You must use this SSID and passcode to connect your wireless devices to your Netgear wireless router.
Please inform me if you still have the same problem after doing the steps above.
Hope it helps.
Thank you for using FixYa.
Posted on May 18, 2011
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 08, 2012 | Sylvania G-Netbook
Feb 09, 2011 | Sony Computers & Internet
Dec 22, 2010 | ASUS Eee PC 1000HE Netbook
Dec 12, 2009 | NetGear WGT624 Wireless Router
Dec 10, 2009 | NetGear MBR624GU Wireless Router
Oct 27, 2009 | NetGear RangeMax WPN824 Router
Dec 04, 2008 | NetGear WGT624 Wireless Router
Dec 01, 2008 | NetGear WNDR3300 - RangeMax Dual Band...
Jun 25, 2014 | Sylvania G-Netbook
60 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: