Question about Microwave Ovens
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
The first thing to try is a "hard reset". Unplug it from the power line for a few minutes, plug it back in, set the clock, then try again. Let us know if the hard reset doesn't fix it.
If not, then you may have a problem is on the control panel, which we repair nationwide for $39.95 postpaid.
We have full details, plus *critical* safety, disassembly, and troubleshooting info at our site. You'll find a link to our site in our
listing here on FixYa: http://tinyurl.com/yzjozk
We're happy to help and we appreciate your thoughtful rating of our answer.
Posted on Feb 13, 2008
Models: GH9177XL GH5176XP GH5184XP GH6178XP GH6177XP
Microwave will not operate (cook). F7 error code
appears on the display.
Electrical circuit interruption between L1 and Neutral in
the microwave inverter circuit.
1. Check door, hinge and cavity front alignment and adjust
2. Check the operation of all interlock switches.
3. Check over temperature protector for the magnatron.
4. Check all Cavity Thermostats for closed circuit.
5. Unplug the oven for at least 40 seconds. If this solves
A. Check the Cooling Fan for proper operation or
B. Check the resistance of the magnetron thermostat.
It should be 0 Ohms, replace if necessary.
6. Check that the control cable to the 1100 watt inverter
is properly connected to plug P2 on the display PCB
& Adjust or Reconnect
7. If interlock switches operate correctly, replace 1100W
8. If problem persists, replace control assembly.
Please let me know if you need any more help or have further questions about anything that I have posted. I would be glad to help
Posted on Apr 27, 2008
Locking or Unlocking the oven control panel
1. Access Select Function Menu
2. Turn knob clockwise until Lock Keys is flashing
3.Touch Start. Key Pad locked is displayed.
4. To unlock keypads, touch cooking mode and hold for 5 seconds. Display will read unlocking key pad
5. When unlocked the clock will again appear in the display.
Posted on Jul 18, 2009
i have the same microwave oven,
when the display say CAL, you have to calibrate first,
how to do this is: push on the left (cancel) button and hold it till it starts
Posted on Jul 27, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 27, 2013 | Whirlpool GH8155XJ Microwave Oven
on Jun 16, 2009 | Kenmore 60654 Microwave Oven
on Jun 16, 2009 | General Electric Microwave Oven
Oct 17, 2013 | Whirlpool GH5176XPT microwave Oven
Dec 24, 2011 | Microwave Ovens
Apr 15, 2010 | GE JE1390 Microwave Oven
Nov 27, 2009 | Whirlpool GH7155XHS Microwave Oven
Jul 18, 2009 | Whirlpool RMC275PD Microwave Oven
Dec 03, 2008 | Whirlpool GH5176XPT microwave Oven
25 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!