Question about Sharp Notevision PG-B10S Multimedia Projector
A strange problem:
* When playing a DVD start to get a red line around the outside of lines on images in the black areas (eg the edge of peoples faces, bodies etc)
* The red lining gets worse during the film, getting thicker and appearing more
* "Tapping" the top of the projector tended to make the problem go away for a time, but then it returned....however, once it became worse (thicker red lines, more red), then no amount of tapping could rectify.
* This problem has occurred before, but seemed to go away (when playing a film some days later). However now it is back again. We often do public screenings so can't afford to be unsure if the projector will come through or not....
* The lamp says it has 85% left, so should be fine. After getting worse, the red "ghosting" appears even on the start up screen (ie it seems not to be related to the connection or a particular film).
....Please help - thanks
This could be either a connection problem internally or a problem with the red filter convergence. This is not a project to be attempted by an inexperienced person. The convergence adjustments should only be attempted with the proper setup and equipment. If you can solder, carefully open up the unit and look for poor solder joints and resolder them. You can also reseat all of the connectors and cables. If neither of the above ersolve the problem, take it in for service.
Posted on Aug 14, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
May 20, 2013 | Tom Clancys Ghost Recon Future Soldier for...
Nov 07, 2009 | Office Equipment & Supplies
Sep 11, 2009 | Samsung LN-40A750 LCD TV
Aug 11, 2009 | Panasonic Viera TH-42PZ85U 42 in. Plasma...
Sep 16, 2008 | Mitsubishi WT-42313 42" Rear Projection...
May 29, 2008 | Televison & Video
Apr 29, 2008 | Mitsubishi VS-60805 60" Rear Projection...
Nov 10, 2007 | Samsung PCL6215R 62" Rear Projection...
Oct 31, 2007 | Onkyo DV-CP500 Multi-disc DVD Player
179 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!