Question about Computers & Internet
The problem is that you have write protection turned on on the trive. Now that means you can READ the data fine, copy it open it whatever but you cannot add new files or delete any due to the drive being write protected. Typically you can right click it go into properties and disable the write protection.
Posted on May 17, 2011
Hello! Please follow these steps in order to unlock!
- Start > Run > type 'regedit' (without the speachmarks) > Enter
- Single-click on 'My Computer' > File > Export > save it to the Desktop (Always best to have a backup!!)
- Go to the following:
My Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\StorageDeviceP olicies
*There seems to be some spaces here in 'StorageDevicePolicies'in the text above, there shouldn't be, OK*[
- Double click on the string 'WriteProtect' and change the 'Value Data' box to '0'
- Then: File > Export > save somewhere useful as something like 'StorageDevicePolicies001.reg'
- You also need to do this for the strings in any folders called 'ControlSet***' (* = any Digit, i.e. 001, 002) - for example: Everything is the same, just change 'CurrentControlSet' to 'ControlSet***'
My Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\StorageDevicePolic ies[
*There seems to be some spaces here in 'StorageDevicePolicies' in the text above, there shouldn't be, OK*
- Save these to the same place as before as 'StorageDevicePolicies00*'
Good luck, KoBaC
Posted on May 17, 2011
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 07, 2013 | Kingston Data Traveler 100 G2 4GB USB 2.0...
Aug 30, 2011 | Fuji (MAP3367NP) 36.7 GB Hard Drive
Feb 15, 2011 | Kingston Technologies 512MB DataTraveler I...
Jan 06, 2011 | Kingston (DTIU3/2GB) 2 GB USB Hard Drive
Oct 26, 2010 | Kingston (DTIU3/2GB) 2 GB USB Hard Drive
Feb 03, 2010 | Kingston (DTIU3/2GB) 2 GB USB Hard Drive
Feb 13, 2009 | Kingston Technologies 512MB DataTraveler I...
Jan 10, 2008 | Kingston (DTIU3/2GB) 2 GB USB Hard Drive
77 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: