Question about Nvidia GeForce FX 5500 Video Card Graphic Card
Good day. In regards to your problem you can try this several steps for you to know why you cant play any games.
1. Before you install a game you need to make sure that your computer meets the Minimum Requirement for each game.
2. You can check if your pc has the latest or the recommended direct X version for all games required this one. The accepted direct x for most game is at least DirectX 9.0c
3. You can check you're direct x version by doing these steps
> go to Start
> click on run
> type in dxdiag and press OK
> it will open a screen that will tell u the directx version of your pc
Note: if you don't have at least a 9.0c version might as well download it from the net
4. If you're computer has the updated direct x you need to check you're video card
5. Base on my experience most of the games require this computer spec
AT least a Dual core processor 2.6ghz
Nvidia 9200 or better
So you might also check this site to check if your pc can run a specific game :
Hope this help you a bit regarding your game issue for your pc. Thanks for using Fixya and have a great day.
Posted on May 20, 2011
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 31, 2014 | Sony PlayStation 2 (PS2) Console
Nov 03, 2012 | Zynga Texas HoldEm Poker
Aug 09, 2012 | Zynga Texas HoldEm Poker
Jul 03, 2010 | ValuSoft 18 Wheels of Steel Across America...
Jan 13, 2010 | Microsoft Xbox Console
Aug 12, 2009 | Microsoft Xbox 360 Console
69 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: