I google "resetting the 8610" and keep getting information that doesnt work. im using windows xp service pack 2. im using the eoc 8610 ext. it wont let me into it, when i try to ip into it. i think my fellow soldier friend went inside of it and change the ip address of the unit. i google this, and came up with procedures that dont work. do anybody know the correct way to reset this unit to the factory setting if it can be done. i did purchase the cable that i read you was suppose to have. the problem is: when i hyperlink into the unit. i get to the point after you set up all the setting it wont do anything or say anything after you type in flash reset.
An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert whose answer got voted for 100 times.
Re: resetting the engenius eoc 8610ext
I have reset lots of these using the manufacturer's instructions.
Plug in the serial cable before powering on the unit. When you power on the unit, you should be able to see a log of what the unit is doing. If you can't, then your parity, bits, speed, etc. in Hyperterminal are set wrong.
When the unit stops logging (usually with a #), type in
flash reset (and hit the return key)
You should see a bunch more logging, indicating that the unit is shutting down and rebooting. After that, you should be able to log into the unit at 192.168.1.1 with admin/admin or admin/(blank).
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
You can reset the device through RS232 port then please follow the below steps.
You need a laptop with Console port and a console cable for EOC-8610 EXT, You really dont need the IP address if you want to do it via console (RS232) interface.
1. Connect the console cable one end to EOC-8610 EXT RS232 port and other end to Laptop serial port.
2. Open Hyper terminal and select com-port option and then provide the username and password for the device management.
3. Go inside the system menu and select Reset Factory default.
Remember if u set to load the factory default settings, the device will loose its config and will boot up with factory default configuration.
When you push the reset button, you reset the network configuration to factory default. Now you have to reconfigure the unit to re-establish the network routing and addressing for your home network, the same way you configured it when you first got it. Its default address is either 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.1.2, depending on whether it was in bridge or AP mode when you reset it.
Resetting the older beige Engenius radios requires a screwdriver and a USB-to-serial cable. You must unscrew the small plate at the bottom, which covers a serial connector. Plug the serial cable into it and then into your computer. Follow these instructions to perform the reset:
Dear Venmattey, please follow these steps, it works:
1. Connect the EOC-3610 to your computer with a null modem serial cable.
2.Start a HyperTerminal session: Click Start and then select Programs-> Accessories -> Communications -> HyperTerminal.
3. After the HyperTerminal window appears: a. Give this new connection a name. Ex: EOC-3610. b. Select correct COM port. Ex:COM1. c.Set baud rate as "38400", data bits "8", parity "none", stop bits "1",and flow control as "None". Then press “OK” to bring up theHyperTerminal window. d. Unplug the power on the POE injector and wait 5 seconds then plug the power back in.
4. Wait until the "#" is displayed in the HyperTerminal window.
5. Type "flash reset", then hit enter.
6. Type "reboot", then hit enter. After the device reboots, all settings will be at factory default.