I have a stock deck and a 8w7 and when i turn up the volume about 3-4 bars away from its max volume its alright but when i turn on other things, for example my A/C, it dies out but when i turn it off it goes back on. How do i get it to stop from dying out ??? because i love the loudness ahah. Can anyone help me??? Please!
An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert whose answer got voted for 100 times.
Re: Jl 250/1 amp dies out if i turn on other things
It sounds like you're not getting enough power to the amplifier.
With your multimeter set to DC volts, the black meter lead on the ground terminal of the amp (not on the point where the ground wire connected to the vehicle) and the head unit on (so the amp will have remote voltage applied), touch the red lead alternately to the B+ and remote terminals of the amp. If the voltage is below ~11 volts, you need to check the wiring feeding whichever line is too low.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Problem could be that you need to upgrade your battery, do the "big 3" wiring by a professional. Get a kinetic 1200 or bigger to replace your stock battery, drive your car for 5 or 10 miles, and watch your amp not shut down. People just dont do the big 3, and they think their stock lead acid will hold 13 volts after the power is shut off. LOL. KINETIC.
Sounds like a bad rca connection. You need both rca jacks to be plugged in from your head unit, both left and right or you will not have full power you'll have half power to your sub/subs. Check your sub with a volt meter and see what it reads. Make sure if your head unit has a sub volume make sure it's turned up. Alot of people don't realize they have a seperate subwoofer volume on there deck and it's set to low, so check that. You could have bad rca cables. If all that is ruled out(best way by trying a different amp) the amp itself might be having problems. Don't think it would be in protect mode either. Let me know if you have'nt allready.
This happens to me all the time during the warm months. The problem is likely that the amplifier is overheating because of location. If not properly ventilated, the amplifier will shut off before damage occurs. Is it located under a seat or other area where sufficient air flow is lacking? I solved this problem by moving my amplifier from under a seat to the trunk area.
your subwoofer is wired incorrectly to your amplifier. Figure out which ohm load of subs you have and then what ohm load options your amp is stable at. Next go to either the Crutchfield website. find their learning center. go to subwoofer wiring diagrams. or go to www.the12volt.com and find their section on it
It indicating that the power output is too loud and possibility of speakers may get damaged if played at this volume for long periods. When the loudest sound is played the led light mightshow its loosing its brightness and dims in time with the sound level.......................sodeep
With your multimeter set to DC volts, the black meter lead on the ground terminal of the amp and the head unit on (so the amp will have remote voltage applied), touch the red lead to the B+ terminal of the amp. If the voltage drops below ~11 volts, you need to check the wiring for the B+ line to see where you're losing voltage..
You need to do this as the amp shuts down. Connect the meter and watch the voltage as someone increases the volume.