Question about Samsung SCX-4216F All-In-One Laser Printer
Unfortunately, you are right. The BIOS batery is welded to the main board of the unit and it cannot be replaced. Therefore, any power outage makes it reset. Since your unit consumes 6.0 amps, try connecting it to an UPS battery backup 750VA or more. If you wish, I can quote you a new mainboard for replacement.
Posted on Aug 27, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Resetting the Printer to Factory Default
Resetting the printer to factory default settings can be useful when
you are troubleshooting with the printer.
CAUTION Resetting factory defaults clears the page buffer, removes downloaded
fonts and macros, and returns all print menu settings to factory defaults.
To reset the printer to factory default settings
1 Press MENU until RESETS MENU displays.
2 Press ITEM until RESTORE FACTORY SETTINGS displays.
3 Press SELECT until the following message appears:
This message displays until the printer has completed the
Mar 26, 2015 | HP LaserJet 4500 Printer
When you first enter the printer menus from the operator panel, you may notice an asterisk (*)
next to a value in the menus. This asterisk indicates the factory default setting. These settings
are the original printer settings. (Factory defaults may vary for different countries.)
When you select a new setting from the operator panel, the Saved message appears. When
the Saved message disappears, an asterisk appears next to the setting to identify it as the
current user default setting. These settings are active until new ones are stored or the factory
defaults are restored.
To restore the original printer factory default settings:
1 Make sure the printer is on and the Ready message appears.
2 Press Menu until you see Utilities Menu, and then press Select.
3 Press Menu until you see Factory Defaults, and then press Select.
4 Restore appears on the second line of the display.
5 Press Select.
The message Restoring Factory Defaults appears followed by the Ready
When you select Restore:
• No other button actions are available on the operator panel while Restoring
Factory Defaults appears.....
May 01, 2014 | Lexmark X658DE All-In-One Laser Printer
Please print printer settings configuration page. The page will explain the printer menus and change values. Menus are represented by Continue, Ready/Data, Toner Low and Load/Remove Paper light sequences. Menu Items and their values are indicated by Paper Jam and Error Light sequences
Here are the instructions to do that:
1. Turn off the printer.
2. Open the front access cover
3. Press and hold the red Stop button while powering up the printer.
4. The lights should cycle, release it when the light stops cycling.
5. Close the cover once the ! light displays
6. The lights should cycle again.
7. Then press the Continue button.
8. This should print a Printer Diagnostics page.
9. On the Printer diagnostic page, Use the Utilities menu to troubleshoot printer problems
- Return the printer settings to factory default values.
- Sometimes resetting the printer to the original settings solves formatting problems.
- All menu items are reset to the factory default values except:
- All settings in the Parallel menu, Network menu, and USB menu.
- All downloaded resources (fonts, macros, and symbol sets) in printer memory (RAM) are deleted.
- Resources in flash memory are unaffected.
10. Please locate the value that would say "Factory Defaults".
11. We would need to follow the exact light sequence that you see for the "Factory Defaults".
12. Press and release the Cancel button to advance through the menus and the menu items to the one we would need.
13. Press and hold the Continue button until all the lights cycle to save the function/value.
14. Restart the printer.
Jun 16, 2011 | Lexmark E260dn Laser Printer
Sep 19, 2010 | Office Equipment & Supplies
Mar 10, 2010 | HP LaserJet 4200 Printer
Jul 27, 2009 | Office Equipment & Supplies
Jul 03, 2009 | Zebra Z4M Printer
May 04, 2009 | Zebra 140XiIII Plus Thermal Label Printer
Oct 24, 2007 | Brother HL 1430 Laser Printer
255 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: