I just bought this card reader and when I installed it it works but then it says if you want the icons you need to install the software I did this and nothing happened I then opened the tower up and unplugged it then plugged it back in 3 showed up then when I rebooted the pc they were gone again
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
The card itself may have been damaged - or the reader is not working properly. Make sure the card is fully inserted into the reader and that the reader is fully connected to the computer. Fully connected means that the electrical connections of the jack or plug (USB) is fully inserted AND that the drivers for the reader have been installed. If prompted to restart the computer after installing the drivers - it may need to be done before the hardware can work as expected.
If unable to get the card working, try a different card in the same reader - or the same card in a different reader (to help you determine which of the two is having the problem). You may want to try the same combinations in a different USB port of the computer - or in a different computer completely.
1. First insert your SD card in the card reader.
2. Plug the card reader to your PC. 3. Go to My Computer, you will see the SD card as removable drive. 4. Double click in your card, and open. 5. Again go to my computer, open the a separate window. Open the folder containing your music files. 6. Select the required music file, right click, in the pop up window select copy. 6. Go to your SD card window, right click, in the pop up window select Paste. 7. You will see a window showing coping in progress. 8. After completed the process close the window. 9. Look at the right side of the task bar, there will be an icon, Safety remove hardware, left click, in the pop up menu select your SD card drive, one notification will come, "its safe to remove the hardware" 10. Remove the Card reader from your PC.
1. If you have a usb cable to your reader connect it to 1 of usb ports on your PC. 2. Go "My computer or "computer " if Windows 7 then right click on the icon that show your SD memory ( it will show as another drive letter). You will then see a drop down menu with the word "format" click and follow the prompts. This should format your memory.
Files on a flash drive and memory cards in a card reader can be corrupted if it is not removed from the USB port properly. Before removing the flash drive click on the Safely Remove Hardware icon and then click on the flash drive you want to remove and then remove the flash drive when the computer message says it is Safe to remove. To restore the memory card and flash drive you may need to format the flash drive, but you will lose the data stored on the flash drive. If you need the data on the flash drive these WEB sites may help: - Digital Photo Recovery www.artplus.hr/adapps/eng/dpr.htm www.CardRecovery.com
Are you using software that came with the reader? Maybe that is the problem. Are the correct drivers installed? Check the device manager and make sure it does not show a problem device. Are you using my computer and clicking on the removable device? Does the card work ok in other computers or devices? Is your computer only USB 1.0 and the card reader requres USB 2.0? Are the USB 2.0 drivers properly installed on your computer? Try removing the software and drivers, re-boot, and just install the drivers and not the software.
If your sister is using a windows based operating system like 95 or 2000, you will need to install the driver for that. The OS cant read anyting until you install the driver for it. But Windows Xp does not need any driver installation. Because it all ready has bulit in. If you are using Windows Xp then the problem can be harder to find out.
If u are using Windows XP, try to install the driver just in case, then see if it works, if not then there can be a problem with the card reader. Try using this with other friends of yours. And see if the Chip is fine or not damaged.