Question about Toshiba SD R2312 CD-RW/DVD-ROM (Combo) Burner
Drive is not accessible. The request cannot be performed because of an I/O Device Error When accessing the above said error occured When I clicked the CD Drive it shows the following message "The request cannot be performed because of an I/O device error.
Method 1: Change the transfer mode for your CD drive in IDE Channel Properties
1. Click Start, right-click My Computer, and then click Manage.
2. Under Computer Management (Local), click Device Manager.
3. On the right side, expand IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers.
4. Right-click the channel where your CD drive is connected, and then click Properties. Typically, this channel is Secondary IDE Channel.
5. On the Advanced Settings tab, in the Transfer Mode box for the device that represents your CD drive, click PIO Only. Typically, this device is Device 0. Then, click OK.
If the issue is not resolved after you change the transfer mode for the secondary IDE channel device 0, your CD drive may not be located there. Use the same procedure to change the transfer mode back to DMA if available. Then, repeat these steps to change the transfer mode for IDE devices in the following order until the issue is resolved:
• Primary IDE channel, device 1
• Secondary IDE channel, device 1
Note Primary IDE channel, device 0 is connected to your boot disk. This is the hard disk that typically contains your operating system.
Make sure that all cables are connected correctly
If you have another cable, try to use it. For USB devices, try to use another USB port. If it is internal dirve is there then Reseat it that means remove it and reinstal that
Then Set the BIOS as Default for that restart the system and before windows screen it gives the instructions how to boot in setup once you are in setup, on the bottom it says press F9 or F10 to set as default; different BIOS have different options so do the as the on screen instructons says.
Try to access the media or device on another computer; try it on your friend or family computer
if it is not working contact your H/W Vendor
Posted on Aug 14, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 21, 2011 | JVC Everio Share Station DVD Burner Burner
Feb 07, 2011 | Toshiba SD R2312 CD-RW/DVD-ROM (Combo)...
Jan 28, 2010 | Samsung (SH-M522C/BEBN) CD-RW/DVD-ROM...
Jul 17, 2009 | Sony CD & DVD Burners
Aug 27, 2008 | NEC ND-3500A DVD±RW Dual Layer Burner
Jul 19, 2008 | Acer (4432A-002) CD-RW Burner
Jun 08, 2008 | CD & DVD Burners
Sep 08, 2007 | MSI DR4-A DVD RW Burner
5,262 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: