- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
1. The communication lines or phone connectivities are malfunct, consider unplugging each modem properly reconnecting taking keen observation of jack areas on the fax machine, and the external areas on the router units splitting the signals.
2. The fax machine paper feed system is clogged possible inspection of the tray areas making sure to unclog stuck paper.
a. The fax machines provides an image measurable in laser signals required to produce results immediately. Any delay in the signals or data when arrives in fax machine could cause incomplete imprint
3. The fax machine could have many messages queue causing delay malfunctions.
a. The type of signal splitter available at the location could cause to delay, where a delay excapes signal recognition on the paper only producing a few data records
1. consider acquiring a fax consigment at a time
2. consider distributing fax loads to another infrustruction
Error 232 is a connectivity message
1. possibly caused by accidentally unplugging a connection and reconnecting while fax machine was powered on.
2. possibly caused by connecting another fax machine to the set up of infrusture without performing system restore to intergrate all devices connected to the network.
3.possibly also caused by a computer program malfunction.
a. consider reinstalling the programs that connect the fax machine; for example access the computer networking infrusture icons located in the control panel area of the computer programs list bar to perform networking diagnostics for the fax machine
instruction s of performing a fax network reinstallation
1.The networks on the computer housing every additional peripheral device like faxes all share with printers, game consules and several recognisable within the computer server or mainframe computer. A wireless connectivy of several connection compromised the intergrity of some devices.
The response to the problem in computer sending a message with a number to make possible locating the by expert technictians.
2. Several peripherals connected to the computer server produces error messages readable where huge numbers being sysbols of easy problems only on a computer performing several resposnibilties, in which sitaution of faxes, the error 232 could be the number of faxe assigments failures, or number faxes waiting to be completed.
To activate it you should install the fax program. this will require that you register your fax adress.
this is a requirement of utilizing the system of sending and recieving Fax.
Just fill in the information as requested, and it will register your Fax adress.
As soon as you hav ecompleted this,you will be able to send and recieve fax,
and no more error messages, unless ther is a technical problem.
The machine is calling for legal sized paper and it thinks it has it in the paper tray. Check the back stop that is inside the paper tray. It should be a green guide that is closest to you if you pull the tray out. You may have to lift up a flap on the end. Make sure that the paper stop is on the correct paper size for what is in the tray. Hope this helps. Let me know if you need any more assistance.
I have been sending and receiving faxes for over a year on my Lexmark X6100 printer. Now whenever I try to send a fax it will say it is sending the pages but then waits for a redial. After doing the same thing a second time it will print out "remote fax error"
The FAX machine received some FAXes while it was without paper. Make sure the FAX has paper and try printing the stored faxes or check in the fax menu if they can be cleared without printing. Another problem may be that the FAX received not faxes but voice messages, retrieve and delete the messages and the error should be gone.
I have mentioned the Description for the error codes.388 and 421 error codes means the same and suggestion to resolve the problem.
282 - Retry the transmission.
388 - Reattempt the fax reception at a different time when telephone line conditions have improved.
421 - Reattempt the fax reception at a different time when telephone line conditions have improved.
233 - A communication failure has occurred between the two machines (OR) The user at the remote machine might have pressed the Stop
button. (OR) Sometime Call waiting service might cause this error code.
Turn OFF the Error Correction mode(ECM).Steps to do. Push the menu/setup button ->Select Advanced fax setup-> press ok/Enter->Scroll Down to Error Correction mode(ECM) and highlight -> press ok/Enter->Select turn OFF-> press ok/Enter.At Last Press Cancel to quit the menu.
Decrease the Fax speed.Steps to do.Push the menu/setup button ->Select Advanced fax setup-> press ok/Enter->Scroll Down to" Fax speed"-> press ok/Enter-> Choose "Medium speed or slow speed ->press ok/Enter. At Last Press Cancel to quit the menu.