You must do this in order to get the sound working on the 700 models:
This model of Presario has an audio controller
the high definition audio. You need to have Microsoft
Universal Audio Architecture (UAA) bus driver for high definition audio installed on the computer
before installing the audio driver.
Here is the link for the Microsoft Universal Audio Architecture driver that need to be installed before installing the audio driver:
After installing the UAA driver from the above links you have
to restart the notebook and then install Conexant high definition
audio driver from the following link :
Installing the audio drivers
may result in an error, but continue
with the following steps to get the audio driver installed correctly.
1. Click on Start and select Run. Now type devmgmt.msc and press enter.
2. Right click on "audio device on high definition audio
bus" and click update driver.
3. Select "install from a list or specific location"
4. Click next. Then select "don't search, I will choose the driver to install"
5. Click next and then select "sound, video and game
controller" from the list.
6. Click next and then click have disk.
7. Click browse C:swsetupsp34200 folder and select the .inf file and click open and continue with the on screen instructions.