Question about Compaq Presario 700 470024-192 Notebook
You must do this in order to get the sound working on the C700 series with XP, the LAN drivers can be found at driverguide.com:
This model of Presario has an audio controller that supports
the high definition audio. You need to have Microsoft Universal Audio Architecture (UAA) bus driver for high definition audio installed on the computer before installing the audio driver.
Here is the link for the Microsoft Universal Audio Architecture driver that need to be installed before installing the audio driver:
After installing the UAA driver from the above links you have
to restart the notebook and then install Conexant high definition
audio driver from the following link :
Installing the audio drivers may result in an error, but continue
with the following steps to get the audio driver installed correctly.
1. Click on Start and select Run. Now type devmgmt.msc and press enter.
2. Right click on "audio device on high definition audio bus" and click update driver.
3. Select "install from a list or specific location"
4. Click next. Then select "don't search, I will choose the driver to install"
5. Click next and then select "sound, video and game controller" from the list.
6. Click next and then click have disk.
7. Click browse C:swsetupsp34200 folder and select the .inf file and click open and continue with the on screen instructions.
Posted on Aug 13, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 16, 2016 | Computers & Internet
May 27, 2015 | Computers & Internet
Jun 10, 2014 | Computers & Internet
Jun 09, 2014 | Computers & Internet
Jan 28, 2014 | Dell Vostro Computers & Internet
Nov 10, 2013 | Computers & Internet
May 09, 2013 | Gateway NV5215u Notebook
Apr 06, 2013 | Computers & Internet
Apr 03, 2013 | Lenovo Computers & Internet
283 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: