Question about Whirlpool Ultimate Care II LSQ9564J Top Load Washer
I have the whirlpool ultimate care 11 LSQ9564J Top Load Washer. Every thing works fine in all the different stages except the rinse or spin cycle. It just stops and wont do anything. Any help would be great. Also how do I get the water out or is there a way to jump wires or bypass to get it to work. Thanks
Check your lid switch. It may be loose or not making good contact. If you open and close the lid, you should hear a "clicking" sound as the lid switch is activated. If you do not hear the switch, check to make sure the lid strike in still intact. This is a small plastic piece mounted on the lid that pushes down on the switch through a slot on the wash tub opening on the right hand side. If this piece breaks off, it will give the same symptoms of a broken lid switch. Next, check the two mounting screws on the right side of the wash tub opening to make sure they are tight. These are the mounting screws for the lid switch. Sometimes they come loose and the switch does not make proper contact. If you attempt all these preliminaries, and the switch still does not seem to be working properly, replace it. A replacement can be found at searspartsdirect.com. Just type in your model number and the part will be located under the "Top and Cabinet" heading as item number 11 (part number 3949247). For instructions on how to replace a lid switch, click on the following link:
You can by-pass the lid switch to drain the water by performing the following:
1. Unplug the washer and remove the console and case.
2. Unplug the lid switch connector from the timer and remove the entire lid switch assembly from under the washer case.
3. With the old lid switch assembly in hand, cut the square white connector plug off the end leaving about 2 to 3 inches of wire.
4. Clip the middle wire (green, or green and yellow) flush leaving the two black wires. Strip the wire ends and twist together using a wire nut or wire crimp. You have now made yourself a by-pass plug.
5. Plug the by-pass into the lid switch receptacle on the timer and place washer case back in place.
6. Plug unit back in and move the selector know to the final spin cylce. Pull the start knob and the washer should begin to drain.
It is strongly recommended that you DO NOT run the washer for exended periods of time with the lid switch by-passed as this is a designed safety feature of the washer. And, for your own safety, do not run the washer with the exterior case removed.
This is a simple and inexpensive repair. I hope this helps you. Let me know if you require further assistance.
Posted on Aug 13, 2008
a 6ya Repairman can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Repairman (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 19, 2014 | Whirlpool Ultimate Care II LSQ9564J Top...
Oct 11, 2012 | Whirlpool Ultimate Care II LSQ9564J Top...
Sep 19, 2011 | Whirlpool Ultimate Care II LSQ9564J Top...
Aug 07, 2011 | Whirlpool Ultimate Care II LSQ9564J Top...
Sep 26, 2010 | Whirlpool Ultimate Care II LSQ9564J Top...
Jun 20, 2009 | Whirlpool Ultimate Care II LSQ9564J Top...
Apr 28, 2008 | Whirlpool Ultimate Care II LSQ9564J Top...
Aug 28, 2007 | Whirlpool Ultimate Care II LSQ9564J Top...
176 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: