- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
The reason you dont have any sound is that the sound card on your Laptop needs a driver to work normally again,
There is usually a website where you can download the drivers from the manufacturer of your laptop for example : dell, compaq..
just reply with the model of your computer and i can help you find the necessary drivers for the sound.
Download and install the driver, you will get the error while installing.
Perform the below steps to fix the issue.
1. Click on Start and select Run. Now type devmgmt.msc and press enter.
2. Right click on "Audio device on High Definition Audio Bus" and click Update driver.
3. Select "Install from a list or specific location".
4. Click Next. Then select "Don't search, I will choose the driver to install".
5. Click Next and then select "Sound, video and game controller" from the list.
6. Click Next and then click Have Disk.
In order to install the HD Audio driver, you have to install the Microsoft HD Driver (Microsoft Universal Audio Architecture (UAA) Bus Driver for High Definition Audio. that said, here's the XP driver for the sound:
windows key + R = open : devmgmt.msc Sounds, video and game controlers > (right click) Realtek high definition audio > update driver sofware > browse my computer for driver software > let me pick from a list...> double click on Realtek high definition audio > YES to update driver warning > AND SWEET SOUND IS AUDIBLE :D