A two weeks old phone. Suddenly the mic does not work anymore. During a call I can hear people, but they do not hear me. Loud speaker is working properly. Using the original headset or a blutooth one my conversation partner can hear me. It could be software problem or the hardware is broken?
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
I have about 65 iPhones in my organization that I manage. I have had a few of them have this problem. It seems that the microphone at the bottom of the phone goes out/goes bad. Usually the sound through a bluetooth headset or the/a wired headset still works. The only permanent solution is to replace the phone. If you are eligible for an upgrade, I hear that the 3GS's are going down to $49 from $99 this month.
1 .You need to confirm if its the volume or the mic of your phone that has the problem.
2 .If its the mic,your callers would not hear you but you would be able to hear them.
3. You can Adjust the volume of your iPhone by depressing the volume button on the left edge of the phone, close to the top. This will cause a volume indicator to appear, superimposed over the other icons on your screen. This will increase the volume of your ringer. If you wish to adjust the volume of the phone speaker, use this button during a live phone call. You can also control the volume of your speaker when you are using your iPhone as a music player in the same manner.
4. If its the mic,remove the iPhone from the case, as your case may be blocking the device's microphone.
5. Plug the iPhone device cable into the iPhone and into the computer's USB port.
6.Launch iTunes. Click "iPhone" or the device's name in the sidebar in iTunes and click "Summary then Click "Check for Update" and "Download and Install" to update your iPhone's OS.
7. Remove the device cable after the update finishes and insert your headphone jack into the iPhone's headphones port,tap "Phone" on the home screen, tap "Contacts" and tap a contact to place a call.
8. Press the "+" button on the microphone to increase your microphone's volume.
9. If the problem persists take your iPhone to your local Apple Store for professional service.
BEST OF LUCK
put it in dfu mode by pressing power and home at same time, once off, hold home button down and connect to computer and it will make you restore, that is the only way if you having problems, hope this helps, if you want to trade for my 3g jailbroken already and 3.0 is installed, if you upgraded to 3.1 you might not be able to jailbreak anymore thats what the word is right now anyways, my email is firstname.lastname@example.org
Unfortunately, solution is NOT free. Until Apple decides to take good look into this issue, you are left to buying another BT headset model.
I got lucky first time around, bought new Plantronics (not Playtronics...) Voyager 520 (I do love Plantronics 3xx design, this is the next best thing). It did cost almost twice as much as my previous headsets (about 45 EUR), but it's still on the cheap "side" and (to my experience) also the best value. Hope new headset also lasts almost whole week before needing recharge, like my "old ones". :)
This sounds like the earpiece has gone, you should be able to hear them if you put it on loud speaker or if you are using bluetooth. However as it is only 5 months old it is covered under warranty so my advice would be to take it back to where you bought it or contact apple direct. They will repair it for you however you will be without a phone for a number of weeks