- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
I should mention (although it's pretty obvious) that Microwave Energy is DANGEROUS.
So it's better not to fiddle with the internals.
A quick test can be done to check for electromagnetic energy (in the 2.45Ghz range) inside the oven. Put a glass of water in the Microwave Oven and place 2 strips of tinfoil across the top of the open glass above the water. Put the strips close together but not quite touching then close the door.
Start the microwave & look through the glass window. Listen & Watch for sparks between the tinfoil pieces. If there are sparks then your Microwave Oven is generating or transmitting electromagnetic energy from the magnetron tube unit.
If it's working Don't leave it sparking too long. The tinfoil can get hot enough to burn. The glass of water is to absorb any microwave energy.
There is an interlock switch on the door for safety to protect you from microwaves leaking out of the door cracks. This switch fails to function sometimes. But normally the oven won't even try to power on or spin the turntable (or Fan) if this interlock fails.
If there are no sparks then your Magnetron is shot. Its usually not worth fixing them unless you know of a specialist technician who is qualified and competent with microwave equipment.
Hope This Helps
dont use the microwave until you retrieve what dropped inside when you removed the port. The grinding is most likely a foreign object that is hitting the moving parts of the microwave and causing sparking. It can catch fire
Contact Samsung, I was having a similar problem with the SE error appearing on my microwave. Apparently its a problem with the control panel and they are going to replace it free of charge under there epidemic warranty
hello, this is a simple function that you should be able to carry out your self from the statement above this means that your oven maize have disconnect from the element position i.e the wire have been disconnected from the heater
what you need to do is that unscrew your microwave trace the wire to the heater you will surely fine were the wire is been disconnected from the heater then you have to huck up the wire back to the element (heater) the wire mention above will be in red and others can be in different color
please when doing make sure that all form of power supply is disconnect from the microwave to avoid accident
First, do not leave this machine plugged in until it is serviced. If this is a KHMS155LSS, there is a very high probability that you have a keypad short. This defect can cause the machine to start on its own at ANYTIME, at night, while you are away, at work etc. Contact Whirlpool Customer Service and ask for Safety Dept immediately. They will most likely send A&E out to fix it. Although it will fix the problem, if the keypad fails again, the self start logic defect is still present. You should be under warranty if it is above model. I almost had a fire this past Monday, Labor Day, 9/7/09 when my machine self started at 3 AM with a package of bacon left in to thaw for the morning. What a somey mess. Chinese made garbage.
This seems like a problem with with the door latch circuitry HW. If the unit is still in warranty, call GE customer care. If not, your neighbor will need to buy a new oven. Service on microwave ovens is not cost effective because the replacements are so reasonable and have so many new features.
I have a lot of experience with these units. If the door latch circuitry is in question you may be exposed to dangerous microwave energy. Hope this helps...