Friends My Phone fell into the water.Luckily i took it at once.Then i inserted the battery the phone started well.After drying it for 1 day i again switched on the phone now it says "Phone starup Failure please contact the retailer".What should i do?
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US. click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
If it's at the point where the screen isn't working properly, it's dead. If you have some kind of extended warranty, it may cover it, but there's no real way to bring it back from being water damaged, unfortunately.
This happened to my phone once, I just took it apart (the bits I could, sim card, battery, cover etc) then dried it for quite some time with a hairdrier (on a cool setting) then left it over night apart. Put it back together in the morning and it worked. I'm guessing there was still water/ moisture inside of it to stop it working..
You need to leave the phone off for about 42-72hours for the water to dry off competly and you can do this by putting the phone in a place where heat is generated for to dry up the water inside the phone.
Hi, when ever a phone drops inside the water, first remove the battery cause the battery life might be damaged,and also in that process the phone is still working because the battery is still inside the phone.
You will need to service the phone for the phone to be free from water,cause if the water dries inside the phone it will damage an IC or a chip inside the phone and it might cause more damage to the phone.
After, disassembling the phone is the next step. Get a phone screw and unscrew the phone from the back by removing the battery and you will see some screws, unscrew possible screws and open the phone.
Get a methylated spirit and a small brush, remove the board of the phone and deep the brush inside the methylated spirit,brush gently on the board of the phone. After brushing, get a dryer to dry up the board of the phone and live it for a while to dry.
After some minutes,assemble the phone back and fix in the battery. Make sure during the processyou are charging the battery of the phone.
I guess that's all you need.
Note: if the battery has stayed too too long on the phone and am sorry after the water splash, it might not come on after this all process, that means you will have to flash the phone because the battery might have damaged the memory of the board of the phone and will not power up the phone because the phone is too weak to power.
Flashing of the phone will restore back the phone memory.
You can visit the below link to learn more about flashing of phones.
it all depends if the phone has a sim card in it.If it has a sim card try another line in it.If you insert another sim card and the problem continues dry the phine again.if no results after this kindly take it for repairs
The best and mostly only thing you can do is to assure your phone is completely 100% dry before you start turning it on.
The best way to do this is by putting dry rice in the bottom of a bowl and place the phone and battery (after you remove it) into the bowl and cover it and let sit for 24 hours. The Rice will draw out the moisture from inside the phone.
Failure to do so will risk shorting the phone out if it didn't do so when it was introduced to water.
Post back if you have any further question's or comments. Thank you for choosing Fixya !
you can take the battery and the back off the device and place in completely submerged in a bag of white rice and leave it in there for 1 to 2 days this will help absorb the moisture, this should fix it if the water did not damage the circut boards if the water damaged the circut boards then the device is fried
Don't put the battery / power on. Take the phone to the mechanic / nokia service center on urgent basis. They will remove the remnents of the water and salt over the circuit.
If the problem is still not solved, either the power supply or the motherbaord will require a replacement.