Question about Lexmark Office Equipment & Supplies
I found this on fixyourownprinter.com after some digging.
Hardware Error 0502 on LCD Display ID:ENUS16536
Check the encoder strip on the printer. (This is a clear strip running the length of the printer, above or behind the cartridge carrier.) Do the following:
1. Switch off the printer using the power button.
2. Disconnect the power cable from the back of the Lexmark X5100 / X6100 Series.
3. Leave the power cable disconnected for 30 seconds.
4. Slide the cartridge carrier to the middle of the printer by taking the top part of the belt and moving it gently to the right.
5. Take out both cartridges.
6. Place an index finger on the encoder strip on either side of the cartridge carrier.
7. On the back of the cartridge carrier, there is a small slot that the encoder strip fits into. Slightly push the encoder strip down and then back up to get it into the slot.
8. Lightly press the strip first to the rear and then forward, if necessary.
9. Clean the encoder strip with a dry tissue. Also clean the contacts of the printer. If this does not clean these parts, a cotton swab with rubbing alcohol on it may be used.
10. Reconnect the power cable and switch the printer on again.
11. Perform the hardware test without cartridges first and then with both cartridges.*
12. Make a standalone copy.
13. If the copy is satisfactory, repeat the test once to confirm that the error is gone.
That's the best I can give you. Quite sorry if it doesn't work.
Posted on Aug 13, 2008
I had the same issue, 502 error, only half a page would print.
Shut off printer, move carriage to far right side of rail. take cotton ball dipped in rubbing alcohol and clean paper path where carriage travels. You will notice it is probably sticky with ink. Several cotton balls will be needed to clean it up. Move carriage to left and clean remaining area.
Posted on Feb 23, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jun 19, 2014 | Xante Ilumina® 502 Laser Printer
Nov 09, 2013 | Canon Pixma MP500 All-In-One InkJet...
Aug 14, 2011 | Google Chrome
Feb 15, 2010 | Dell A960 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Jan 26, 2009 | HP OfficeJet 4255 All-In-One InkJet...
Dec 17, 2008 | Office Equipment & Supplies
May 20, 2008 | Epson Aculaser C1100 Printer
Dec 12, 2007 | Konica Minolta magicolor 2300DL Laser...
137 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!