Possible problems with this are: bad tube, bad diode, bad relay on the controller or bad Triac (if no relays) and the capacitor (the large silver one.) If the set runs but doesn't cook... then the door switches aren't the problem nor is the fuse.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Pulled up a schematic on this will try and help the first pic looks as though you removed the secondary switch the bottom one if so that is the wrong switch it should be a normally open switch that one is normally closed this switch goes up top on the other side of the primary switch the one with 3 terminals, look at the second pic the switch with 3 terminals that red wire in the wrong spot the skinny orange goes there the switch I just told you to put up top the red goes to one terminal the white and brown middle form the 3 terminal goes to the other terminal, the blue/white and blue go to the bottom switch this is a normally open switch if you don't know how to read a switch look at the switch look at com follow the line to where it stops if it is NO=normally open, NC=normally closed your primary switch is in the right spot you want the switch next to it to be NC and the bottom switch NO it blew the 20 amp fuse once you correct the switches and wiring and put in a new fuse if you have no power then it blew past the fuse and burnt out the filter board happens some times about 60 bucks let me know if this helps
Suggest you pull the plug out, remove outer cover and place a cup of water into the micro. Set power to minimum then switch on and take note if the fan works or not. If not, switch off immediately and have it replaced(magnatron will burn out if left to run without fan.)
Micro wave as the name suggests produces heat when the micro waves aimed at an object causes the water molecules inside the object to vibrate hence producing heat.The gadget responsible is the magnetron. If your magnetron is not receiving ht voltage or receiving but faulty, then your micro wave wont work please take precaution when opening micro wave due to high voltage caps that remain charged sometimes even when it is off.check the high voltage fuse/ diode and capacitor if they are fine and the step up trans former o.k then the only option is to replace the magnetron
Check your door interlock safety switch. Unplug the device - remove the cover - DO NOT TOUCH THE SILVER THING IN A CAN. Look for the small probably black micro switch. Test it with a volt/ohm meter or contunity checker. It should read "closed" (or short) with the door closed and "open" with the door open. Replacement can be had from appliance or electronic parts store.
Q - The microwave display counts down and the inside light is on, but nothing is heating and the fan is not running. A - This most commonly is abad door switch, other possible problems are a faulty relay or solder joint on the power module, but a bad door switch is most common. Q - My microwave is running and sounds like it is working but will not heat up anything. A - Many thing can do this but, common things are....loose high voltage wire.....poor solder joint on board.....magnetron.....power relay..... Q - The microwave makes a loud "hum or buzz" noise but will not heat up the food? A - 9 times out of 10 this is usually this is a bad magnetron, the other time is sometimes a bad high voltage diode. See components section.
this sounds like either a capacitor, transformer, or magnatron. Mags unually don't go bad. Either one can go bad and blow a fuse or other safety device. If one shorts, it could burn a section of the circuit board.
I would think about calling a tech and have him diagnose the problem. Tell him you can't fix it now but will in a month or two. Have him write down the things you need so when you do want it fixed, you do not have to start all over again. Then order the parts and fix yourself.
Micro waves can be dangerous and cause burns, so if you think this is not for you, go buy a new one.