Thhe above referenced washer, Kenmore Elite HE3t model 42922, was draining into the stationary tub that had the stop plug in the drain hole. It has stopped with no error message and will not start. THe washer is full of clothes and water. It is getting electric and I checked the breaker box. It did not trip. What should I do???
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Clean Out your Water pump filter if that is not dirty replace the water pump. f02 is Code for LD Long Drain something is clogging your water drain in the washer or your kids rock or pen got stuck and chewed up the blades on the water pump
The "SUDS" or "SUD" error can be caused by too much detergent, improper detergent, drain pump/drain line problem, or pressure switch malfunction.
1. If you are not using HE detergent, you need to be. These washers are designed to use HE detergent which is formulated for wash tubs that use 5 to 7 gallons of water. If you use regular detergent, you are, in affect, placing a higher concentration of detergent in the washer that is normally formulated for wash tubs that have a 35 gallon capacity. The manufacturer should have a disclaimer in the owner's manual explaining this. In most cases this will also void your warranty. NOTE: Prolonged use of the wrong detergent can damage the drain pump components and or wash tub seals.
If you are using the correct detergent, double check the label to make sure it is not double (2X) or triple (3X) concentrated. You could still be placing too much soap in your wash.
To get rid of excessive detergent, place the washer on a RINSE & SPIN cycle, then run it through a normal wash cycle with NO detergent added. You may have to repeat these steps depending on the amount of detergent used.
2. If you do not have a detergent issue, double check the drain pump and drain lines to ensure they are not obstructed in any way. Click on the following link for step-by-step instructions:
Obstructions in the drain pump and/or drain lines can attribute to air getting trapped in the drain pump and cause the error code. Double check all electrical connections to the drain pump and Central Control Unit (CCU). You will need to remove the top panel of the washer to access the CCU. This is accomplished by removing the three screws in the back of the washer that hold the top panel in place. With the screws removed, slide the panel back, then off. The CCU is located directly behind the wash tub in the center of the washer. The Drain Pump connector will be the 6th connector (facing from the front L to R) in the center of the CCU.
3. Check the Pressure Switch to ensure it is good. The Pressure Switch is located to the right of the CCU as you are looking from the front. It is a small cylindrical shaped device with a connector plug and an air hose attached. The switch can be checked at several water levels by removing the plug and taking resistance readings at the connector pins. Readings are as follows:
(Pins are numbered R to L facing the from the REAR)
Pins 1 to 2 (SUDS Detect) - 0 ohms Pins 3 to 4 (Overflow) - 0 ohms Pins 4 to 5 (L1) - 0 ohms Pins 4 to 6 (Empty) - 0 ohms
Thanks for using FixYa - a 4 THUMBS rating is appreciated for answering your FREE question.
If the drain time exceeds 8 minutes, the water valves are turned off and "F/02" is flashed.
NOTE: After 4 minutes the "Sud" error will be displayed, then 4 minutes later the F02 error code will be displayed.
Press PAUSE/CANCEL twice to clear the display.
Check the drain hose and make sure it is not plugged or kinked.
Check the electrical connections at the pump and make sure the pump is running.
Check the drain pump filter for foreign objects.
If the above does not correct the problem, replace the pump.
We experienced the same thing. I was able to restart and locate the noise to the water pump. After disassembling the water pump found the impeller shaft sliding out. For some reason this shaft will not stay in place. Had to order a complete pump assembly as the electric motor is not available.
If the drain time exceeds 8 minutes, the water valves are turned off and F02 is flashed.
Press PAUSE/CANCEL twice to clear the display.
NOTE: After 4 minutes the “Sud” error will be displayed, then 4 minutes later the F02 error code will be displayed.
• Check the drain hose and make sure it is not plugged or kinked • Check the electrical connections at the pump and make sure the pump is running. • Check the drain pump filter for foreign objects • If the above does not correct the problem replace the pump
***You stated that there was a noise when you started a manual drain. This may be a damaged drain impeller. in this case, replace the entire pump(drain).
sounds as if you have a drain issue, most common cause of fault is theres something stuck in the pump housing. remove the lower acess panel(3 screws along the bottom of the forn of unit) youll gain acess to the pump housing, remove the large cover to the "button trap" by uncscrewimg the cover, it will be righthin front of you in the center of machine when cover removed, im sure youll find your blockage within there
advance machine to drain/spin cyce to remove the water.if it doenst drain and just "humms". try removing the lower access panel. just behind it youll find the pump assy unscrew the face and empty the contents (probably lint, baby bock, assorted stuff from pockets)be prpared though the hose above is FILLED with water. Make sure your using HE detergent!!!!!!!!!!
I'm going from memory on the "H F" code: If it stops during a filling cycle, it's probably the small rubber hose running between the pressure switch and the bottom of the tub. Mine had a small hole rubbed in it as a result of it rubbing on the counterweight on the back of the tub assembly. I replaced the hose with some vacuum hose I purchase at a car parts store that had the same inner diameter. I also made sure the hose wasn't rubbing the counter weight when I reinstalled it.