Just bought acer and cant hook uo cable so i can get on line. message says remote server not responding maybe. invalid value for the service name. please contact your isp. this is gobbldygoop to me. How do i hook up my internet thru my hispeed comcast cable?
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US. click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
1.Go to the dos prompt and type in ipconfig
2. An invalid ip address is anything that start off with 169.xx.xx.xx
3. If it give you an a valid ip address, go to a blank line on the dos prompt
4. Type ipconfig/release..press enter. A lot of information is going to come up
5. Go the next blank line in dos type ipconfig/renew.
6. Then power cycle the modem and computer by turn the modem completely off and then turn off the computer for 3 minutes. Then turn the modem and computer back on. Check to see if this work.
if you constantly receive these messages it either you have a soon to be broken modem or your i.s.p. is experiencing technical difficulties that why you cant connect to the internet, if your isp is good then your modem is the problem, replacing with a new modem will solve your problem
Switch off your broadband connection for ten seconds and try to switch it back on. Go to control panel and click Internet connection as soon as wizard displays. Examine if the settings is enabled. Close the control panel and open run command and type cmd. After typing, when it prompts a command, type ipconfig and see if IP address and provider is listed with gateway and subnet. If it has all the addresses, so you can connect back to GMAIL. Thanks.
Can your laptop can see the linksys? If it can see it, the router maybe working. Try this, First, go to the router config then try to see if its connection to the modem is PPPoE. Then try to connect to the internet, if still not working try sending it to a technician or have a premium chat with me here.
1. extend the dhcp leasing function within the router by increasing the time for the lease, usually this is in minutes
2. manually assign the ip address so ud ont have this problem ever again
3. renew the ip address via xbox 360
4. it could just mean the xbox live server is temp down.