Question about HP Photosmart 8250 InkJet Printer
HOW DO I CORRECT THIS? THANK YOU.
INK SYSTEM FAILED ERROR OXC18A0001
Posted on Nov 03, 2008
I go the answer from this web site http://www.fixyourownprinter.com/forums/printer/39471#13
Basically you do a reset by holding the OK cancel and black and colour buttons down and turning the device off. When you switch back on again it takes about 5 mins to sort itself out then it works - hurray!
Posted on Jan 15, 2009
I have a HP5260 Printer, and am having problems.
It won't print and gives error message: OXC18A0001.
The printer states "Ink System Failure, The ink system has failed and can no longer print. Refer to printer documentation. Error OXC18A0001 Turn printer off then back on,"
The online HP Product Assistant comes up with the message: "Print cartridge cradle is stuck."
I have checked for any loose paper, bur found none.
Posted on Aug 03, 2010
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
1. Press and hold "left arrow" key
2. Press the "setup" key and release both keys
3. Press and release the "OK" button
4. Press and release the right arrow button until the display says “System Configuration Menu”. 2. Press and release the “OK” button.
5. Display should say “Hardware failure status”. If not there already, Arrow Key over to “Hardware failure status”,
6. Press and release the “OK” button.
7. Display should say “Hardware failure status: Clear. Press OK to clear”.
8. Press and release the “OK” Button. Message changes to “Hardware failure status Cleared. Press Cancel to continue”.
9. Press and release the “CANCEL” button as many times as necessary, so that, either the “Welcome to Photosmart Express” screen appears, or, the “Ink System Failure” screen appears. PLEASE DO NOT TRY TO PRINT AT THIS STAGE.
10. Using the Power Button, turn the unit OFF and unplug the power cable from back of the printer and wall outlet.
11. Wait 30 seconds for the power to get discharged and then plug the power cable into the wall outlet first and then into the back of the printer
12. Turn the unit on. The printer may display message “USE POWER BUTTON TO SHUTDOWN THE PRINTER” followed by “PRESS OK TO CONTINUE”. Press OK.
13. If the printer has already initialized, then go to the next step. If not, the printer will start the “ONE TIME INK INITIALIZATION PROCESS”. Allow this process to complete and do not interrupt. Once the initialization process is complete, the printer will print out a Diagnostic Page.
14. To verify printer functionality print a SELF TEST PAGE. If SELF TEST prints, then printer is ready for use or Software Installation.
15. If the error is still there, or reoccurs the printer is already defective.
Please come back and just gave a vote, it will gave me some satisfaction to know am helping some one so I will keep on helping.
All The Best: Pineworks
Posted on Mar 02, 2010
SOURCE: Ink system failure
An 0xc18xxxxx or 0xc19xxxxx ink system error code displays on the front panel. The printer cannot copy, receive faxes, or print.
Posted on Jul 05, 2008
I had the same problem and this is how I fixed it... It is hard to get the cover off (and it's not the top cover, but the one on the right side as facing), but once you do follow the directions below.
- Turn off power and unplug from power source.
- Open right side of printer (looking at the front).
- Disconnect by pulling gently, both white flat ribbon cables off the main circuit board.
- Plug in power source and turn printer on. Wait till you get a error message and push "Ok".
- Unplug power source.
- Reconnect the flat ribbon cables by aligning and carefully pushing into the conectors on the main circuit board.
- Plug in power source and turn printer on (Printer preparing occurred).
Posted on Jul 11, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 01, 2015 | HP Photosmart 3210 Printer
Oct 01, 2012 | HP Photosmart D7260 Printer
Jul 14, 2011 | HP Photosmart C7280 Printer
May 01, 2010 | HP Photosmart C6280 Printer
Feb 17, 2010 | HP Photosmart C5180 All-In-One InkJet...
Jul 16, 2009 | HP Photosmart D7460 Printer
Apr 25, 2009 | HP Photosmart 3310 Printer
Dec 04, 2008 | HP Photosmart C5180 All-In-One InkJet...
Jul 01, 2008 | HP Photosmart C5180 All-In-One InkJet...
Jan 30, 2017 | HP Photosmart 8250 InkJet Printer
2,993 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!